Anglo American Learnerships 2022, How to apply for Anglo American Learnerships programme, requirements, eligibility, and application closing date 2022-2023.
Are you a student looking for Learnerships in South Africa 2022? The Anglo American invites an application from suitably and qualifies students for their Learnership program 2022. Learn about the process you’ll take to complete the application below.
- 1 Anglo American Learnerships 2022
- 2 Anglo American Learnerships Application Details
- 3 Anglo American Thermal Coal Learnership
- 4 Minimum Learnership Requirements:
- 5 Other Requirements
- 6 Anglo American Learnership Application Process
- 7 Anglo American Learnership Information
- 8 Overview of Learnership Programmes in South Africa 2022
- 9 What is a Learnership?
- 10 Who Benefits From Learnerships?
- 11 How Do Learnerships Work?
- 12 Who Qualifies for a Learnership?
- 13 How Does One Get Access to a Learnership?
Anglo American Learnerships 2022
Ready to apply to Anglo American Learnerships? Here on Southafricaportal.com, you get all information regarding the Anglo American leadership application form, how to apply online, requirements, and the application closing date 2022.
Learnerships are a great opportunity if you want to learn skills and develop a career. Learnerships for 2022 are opening now and we always have details on the latest available Learnerships for you.
When you register for a Learnership Programme you will receive training towards a full qualification but you don’t have to pay study fees. In fact, when you register for a Learnership you will be paid in the form of a stipend. This means you will be paid monthly while you are on the leadership – the amount you will be paid depends on the academic level of the Learnership.
Anglo American Learnerships Application Details
Interested applicants can apply for the Anglo American Learnership 2022 provided they qualify and meet the program requirements.
Anglo American is one of the largest mining companies in the world, focusing on platinum group metals, nickel, diamonds, copper, metallurgical and thermal coal, and iron ore. The Anglo American Learnerships program provides gifted candidates with a great learning experience.
Anglo American South Africa has 76,000 permanent employees and 24,240 contractors making it the country’s largest private-sector employer. Anglo American-controlled companies account for approximately 15% of the value of businesses listed on the JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange).
Anglo American South Africa believes in South Africa’s future and to this end, it aims to make a lasting contribution to the development of South Africa and its people. This is done in the form of annual bursaries and the Anglo American Learnerships program.
Anglo American offers people from different communities various learnership opportunities in different regions of South Africa. These Learnership form part of the government?s National Skills Development Strategy to create skills to ease poverty and unemployment as well as Anglo American’s own policies.
Anglo American learnership is open to those with the necessary qualification required as per the posted requirements for the learnership. There are various Anglo American learnerships offered for matriculants and graduates in the different sections of Anglo American. These learnerships consist of both theoretical and practical training.
Below is one of the Anglo American learnership programs
The following learnership opportunity offered by Anglo American Thermal Coal (South Africa) and is available at the Landau Colliery in Mpumalanga.
Anglo American Thermal Coal Learnership
This is outcomes-based learning, and the learnership is based on a legally binding contract between the learner, the employer, and the service provider.
This learnership in engineering covers the following fields: Auto Electrician, Fitter (including machining), Diesel Mechanic and Rigger.
Minimum Learnership Requirements:
- The applicant must be a South African citizen
- Applicants must have a good knowledge of regulations and safety systems and standards.
- The applicant must have a high regard for safety and have an excellent safety record
- Applicants must possess N2/N3 technical qualification with relevant subjects, i.e.:
- Auto Electrician (Science and Maths, Electro-technology/ Electrical Trade Theory or Industrial electronics)
- Diesel Mechanic (Diesel Trade Theory, Mathematics, Engineering Drawing, Science)
- Fitter, including machining (Science, Maths, Fitting, Engineering Drawing & Machining Trade theory)
- Rigger (Engineering Drawing, Maths, Rigger Trade Theory, Science)
- The applicant must be in possession of a valid driver?s license (K53 provincial) without having endorsements
- Applicants must be medically fit and be in possession of a valid Certificate of Fitness
- The applicant should have at least 1 year?s experience in the underground mining environment. This will be advantageous to him or her
- Applicants should be someone who is able to handle pressure, is a self-starter, and must be innovative
- The applicant should be aware of the fact that they must be willing to work in shifts, and be on standby and do call-outs when required
- If shortlisted for the learnership, the applicant must be willing to go for a psychometric assessment
The learnership contract is a legally binding contract and any irregularity or violation of the terms of the agreement will be dealt with in accordance with Sections 17 and 18 of the Skills Development Act, 97 of 1998.
Anglo American Learnership Application Process
In order to apply for the Anglo American Thermal Coal Learnership, you must complete an application form
- Applications are done online and can ONLY be done through the Anglo American job portal.
- You can access the application by clicking on this link, which will take you to the Anglo American Job Portal
- When applying for the learnership make sure that you specify the learnership post that you are applying for (e.g. Anglo American Thermal Coal Learnership: Kriel Colliery Ref )
- Make sure that you sign the application form yourself
- Attach certified copies of your certificates and Identity Document (these copies must have been certified within the last 3 months – you can get this done at any Police Station)
- Application forms that are late or unsigned will not be accepted
- Photocopied forms will not be accepted
- Faxed or emailed forms will not be accepted
- Applications that have not been responded to within 30 days of the closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful. Only shortlisted applicants will be called for an interview
Remember that during your workplace training you will be responsible for your own accommodation, transport, and meal costs. It is therefore suggested that you apply for a learnership in the Region or Management Area closest to where you live.
Anglo American Learnership Information
Applications for various learnerships will open throughout the year. You can keep checking whether there are any learnerships open for applications by checking the Anglo American website.
Anglo American offers various other learnerships and opportunities in different regions throughout South Africa, at different times of the year, in which you may be interested.
- Fitting and Machining
- Diesel Mechanics
- Instrument Mechancians
You can find out more information from the Anglo American Website by checking the Anglo American Careers Portal. Scroll down the page and check any and all learnerships advertised there to find one that is suitable then click on the link and follow instructions to apply.
You can also sign up on this page to be notified of any upcoming learnership opportunities by signing up for the Careers Portal Newsletter.
Overview of Learnership Programmes in South Africa 2022
What is a Learnership?
A Learnership is a work-based learning programme. This means that classroom studies at a college or training center are combined with practical on-the-job experience. We learn much better when we can practice what we have been taught in the classroom in a workplace environment.
By physically performing tasks that are learned in the classroom at the workplace, we can see what we have learned and what we did not understand. This allows us to ask the trainer to explain that part of the lesson again until we fully understand it.
Learnerships form part of a nationally recognized qualification that is directly linked to an occupation. This means that what you learn on leadership is not just for the particular job that you can get once you have finished the leadership; it also forms part of a higher qualification that you can study further through other Learnership or short courses.
Each leadership has a specific level of qualification. An artisan like a bricklayer or a beautician, for instance, is a Level 4 Qualification. This means that if you want to become an artisan you will have to complete 4 four separate leadership (levels 1, 2, 3 & 4). There is no set time-frame in which you have to do these, as each level qualification remains in the system and will count towards the full qualification.
Who Benefits From Learnerships?
In short, everybody!
- ?You get access to free learning and better job opportunities
- ?Can earn while you learn
- ?Learnerships can help you to get into the workplace and/or get a formal qualification
- Gets skilled, experienced workers who will need less supervision
- Gets improved productivity
- Can identify and solve gaps in skills and training
- Educates and empowers employees, creating a happy workforce
- Gets access to far more skilled and professional workers
- Can develop employees to world-class standards
- Becomes more competitive in the international market
How Do Learnerships Work?
In the past, the education given in schools and other education facilities did not really have much in common with the working world. This meant that people entered the workplace with all of the knowledge but none of the practical experience on how to do the job.
Learnerships teach both the? why? and how to? by creating a contract between the learner, the learning provider, and the organization or business. All learnership contracts must be registered with the Sector Education Training Authority (SETA) for that specific industry, which guarantees that the learnership programme is of a high standard.
If accepted into a learnership you will have to sign two legal contracts; a Learnership Agreement and an Employment Contract. The Learnership Agreement tells you exactly what responsibilities you, the training provider and the employer have. The Employment Contract is only for the period of the learnership. Learnerships last between 12 -24 months.
If you are unemployed, you will receive an allowance while you are on a learnership which is meant to cover costs like travel and food. If you are already employed you will only receive your normal salary.
During the learnership you will spend a certain period of time in a classroom, either at the company or organization or at other premises, and the rest of the time actually working and learning on the job at the company. It is important that you take advantage of the opportunity offered you to develop your skills, gain experience and grow your potential. from zainfo.co.za, A learnership is the perfect way to show the trainers and the organization what you know, as it could lead to a permanent job with that company or organisation, so take your learnership seriously.
You will be expected to do certain written and practical tasks while on the learnership as part of your studies. Learnerships are outcomes-based, which means that you will be assessed (tested) on what you have learned through the various stages of the learnership, not only at the end of it.
You will get an official certificate that will state the qualification, and indicate the area in which you have developed skills during the learnership if you are considered to be competent at the end of it. This qualification is nationally? recognized.
Completing a learnership is not a guarantee of employment, but many learners do get employed by companies or organizations where they did their learnerships. Even if that company does not employ you, you stand a much better chance of getting employed with a learnership qualification than without one.
Who Qualifies for a Learnership?
Learnerships are designed for all levels and as such is open to anyone between the ages of 16 and 60. This includes the unemployed and the employed, the able-bodied and the disabled.
How Does One Get Access to a Learnership?
Decide in which line you want to study and either speak to your employer or contact your nearest Labour Centre or Provincial Office of the Department of Labour to find out whether there are any learnerships that you can apply for.
Some learnerships have certain conditions, such as only accepting learners who have a Grade 12, speak more than 1 language, or have computer skills, for instance. Other learnerships do not have any requirements.
We are sure this awesome page really helped you regarding the Learnership Programmes Application 2022, If yes: Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss, and get the latest updates.
However, if you have any queries regarding the Anglo American Learnership 2022, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!