How to apply for Anglo American Principal – Open Pit Mechanisation & Electrification Vacancy 2021 – Jobs Details.
Information about Anglo American jobs opportunities 2021, recruitment application form, vacancies requirements, eligibility, available positions, how to apply, and the closing date 2021.
All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply for the available Job positions at Anglo American before the recruitment application deadline published below on Southafricaportal.com as obtained from the official Anglo American Jobs Careers website/portal.
- Don’t forget that the Anglo American vacancies application is totally free of charge
- Make sure you meet the vacancy position requirements
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update in South Africa.
Anglo American Principal – Open Pit Mechanisation & Electrification Vacancy Application Details
You want to challenge the status quo. That’s why we want you.
Mining may be a centuries-old activity, but at Anglo American we are pushing the boundaries to make positive change towards truly modern, safe and productive mines.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
How do we do this? By questioning the way things have always been done and actively developing solutions to find new ways of working. Our innovation-led approach to sustainable mining – FutureSmart Mining TM – applies novel thinking and technological advances to address mining’s major challenges. Digital technology, such as spatial data visualisation, geographic information systems, artificial intelligence and automated drones, is transforming the way we work, helping us to lead an industry shift towards greater safety, efficiency and enhanced sustainability.
Principal – Open Pit Mechanisation and Electrification
In this newly created role, you will be a part of the Mining Group whichprovides value add technical solutions and support based on strategic and operational analysis of opportunities across the Group’s portfolio. This includes supporting the business units with high value RDP and integrated LOMP solutions and continuous mine modernisation through implementation of new technologies and systems.
You will provide support and leadership for the implementation of leading practice open pit mechanisation and electrification technologies across the operations.
This role will be rewarding and varied and will include the following tasks:
- Collect quality data, information and other inputs for analysis to inform business case development and decision making for open pit materials handling opportunities.
- Prepare the appropriate level business case to outline opportunities for individual operations to achieve best practice in open pit materials handling to achieve optimisation across the value chain.
- Prepare the business case for the mechanisation and electrification of materials handling methods including but not limited to in pit crushing and conveying, haul truck and other machinery electrification, that incorporates the integration of multi-disciplinary priorities across the value chain.
- Coordinate and facilitate the implementation of the mechanisation and/or electrification of materials handling through the appointed site-based project management teams, codifying the approach to enable rapid replication of the learnings across the assets in the AngloAmerican group.
- Lead the creation, communication and coordination of execution plans to manage implementation priorities and stakeholders.
- Work with vendors to maximise value opportunities throughout all stages of automation project (from early proposals to implementation and continuous improvement).
- Collaborate with underground mining disciplines with their electrification projects.
To be successful in this role, you will hold tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering or other technical discipline. You will have extensive experience in leading the analysis and early business/engineering to establish the conceptual viability of step changes in resource and technology endowment opportunities within a large mining organisation.
You will also have the following:
- Ability to communicate complex information in varying forms (verbal, presentation, report) to audiences ranging from technical team members to CEOs
- Demonstrated application of academic qualifications within the mining industry
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise through experience working in innovative engineering and operational projects
- Understand the key value drivers within the mining value chain and interdependence of key levers
- Advanced Project Management experience on a variety of sizes/ types of projects in major stages of execution
- Understanding of new technologies and their impact on activities within scope of role
- Business improvement tools and techniques
- Basic financial metrics & budgeting tools
- Ability to effectively communicate across a global setting
- Fluent English (written and verbal)
What we offer
This is a Monday to Friday role, based in any one of our main locations around the world. As well as a very competitive salary package, Anglo American offers exceptional training and development opportunities to all employees.
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
Do you know someone who would fit this role? Employee referrals will be accepted for this job. Refer to your local Referral Guidelines for policy conditions and amounts.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
3 February 2021
However, if you have any queries regarding the Anglo American Vacancies 2021, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss, and get the Latest Job Vacancies Updates in South Africa.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too).