Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment Leadership Academy application form | How to apply online.
Below, are the details of Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment Leadership Academy application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment (CAUSE) Leadership Academy 2020 (Stipend available)
The Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment Leadership Academy application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment Leadership Academy application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment Leadership Academy
Applications are open for the Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment (CAUSE) Leadership Academy 2020. The CAUSE Leadership Academy (CLA), is a nine-week paid internship program for college undergraduates that prepares the next generation to lead and represent the Asian Pacific American (APA) community.
Founded in 1991 as the California Asian American Student Internship Coalition (CASIC), CLA’s goal is to develop a pipeline of civic leadership for the APA community. As the fastest growing community in the United States, it is key that representation and leadership in the public, private, and non-profit sectors keep pace with our country’s changing demographics.
Through CLA, students are exposed to thought leaders, policymakers, and the issues of the day. Interns gain a deeper awareness of the civic issues facing the APA community in California. By the program’s end, students will have an understanding of how to engage in the politics of the day to affect the change they want to see in the world. Graduates of this program have gone on to run for political office and become leaders in politics, business, and nonprofits.
- A stipend of $2000 will be provided upon satisfactory completion of the program and will serve as reimbursement for expenses accrued throughout the program’s duration. Limited additional support is made available on a case-by-case basis.
- Open to Asian Americans
- Applicants should have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Either graduating high school seniors, undergraduates, or recent graduates (Class of 2020)
- Able to commute and arrive to designated program activities on time
- Must be able to attend and actively participate in all mandatory events
- Priority will be given to Southern California Residents
Candidates will be selected on the basis of demonstrated academic and personal excellence, leadership capabilities, and a commitment to serving their community. Priority will be given to students interested in working in Southern California communities in their post-college careers.
To successfully submit your application, you will need:
- Your professional resume ready to upload in PDF format.
- Your unofficial school transcript ready to upload in PDF format.
- Signed Terms & Conditions Form (download here) ready to upload in PDF format.
- Responses to the short response questions below ready to copy/paste into the application form.
- Short Response #1: Why are you interested in the CAUSE Leadership Academy? What do you hope to learn or gain from participating in this internship program? (300 words max)
- Short Response #2: The CAUSE Leadership Academy exists to support the development of leaders who are committed to serving their communities. Tell the organisers about what community means to you, and what you have done to give back, support, or uplift your community. (300 words max)
- Short Response #3: Considering all of your identities (race, gender, sex, etc.) and past lived experiences, tell them about an identity or past experience that is important in shaping how you see yourself. (300 words max)
- A Letter of Recommendation either ready to upload in PDF format or to be emailed separately to email@example.com.
- The letter must be written and submitted directly by a member of your school’s faculty OR a supervisor from work, internships, or volunteer programs. It is your responsibility to ensure that the author of your letter of recommendation submits the document before the deadline.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit CAUSE Leadership Academy.
Deadline: January 12, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment Leadership Academy, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.