Seriti Coal Learnership Application 2022/2023, How to apply for Seriti Coal learnership programme 2022, requirements, eligibility, and application closing date 2022-2023.
Application is invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Seriti Coal Learnership Programme 2022/2023. Learn about the process you’ll take to complete the application below.
Learnerships are a great opportunity if you want to learn skills and develop a career. Seriti Coal Learnerships 2022 is opening now and we always have details on the latest Learnerships for you.
- 1 Seriti Coal Learnerships Programme 2022/2023
- 2 Seriti Coal Learnership Application Details
- 3 Seriti Coal Learnership Requirements
- 4 How To Apply
- 5 Seriti Coal Contact Details
- 6 Overview of Learnership Programmes in South Africa 2022
- 7 What is a Learnership
- 8 Who Benefits From Learnerships
- 9 How Do Learnerships Work
- 10 Who Qualifies for a Learnership
- 11 How Does One Get Access to a Learnership
Seriti Coal Learnerships Programme 2022/2023
Application is invited from suitably qualified applicants for the Seriti Coal Learnership Program 2022. Learn about the process you’ll take to complete the application below.
Seriti Coal Learnership Application Details
Interested applicants can apply for the Seriti Coal Learnership 2022 provided they qualify and meet the program requirements.
The purpose of the role is to develop and successfully qualify as an Artisan in various trades, such as Auto Electricians, Boilermakers, Diesel Mechanics, Electricians, Fitters, Instrumentation Mechanicians and Riggers.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
- A personal motivation for self-improvement together with attitude and commitment towards learning is critical for success in these developmental roles
- Apply health, safety and housekeeping standards
- Report any unsafe behaviour, conditions and incidents to the responsible person
- Conduct risk assessment before all tasks and identify risks and hazards
- Keep all equipment clean and in a good condition all the time
- Successful completion on theoretical and practical learning
- Assessments based on the job requirements will form part of the selection process
You will need:
- Grade 12 or N3 Technical Certificate with Pure Mathematics (not Math Literacy) and Physical Science
- Must have passed with a minimum pass mark of 40% in both subjects (Maths & Science)
NB. When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID and qualifications.
Seriti Coal Learnership Requirements
How To Apply
NB. You must have a valid driver’s license
Please use Google Chrome as default browser when applying to enable the attachment of documents.
- A CV with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of relevant qualifications, together with ID document & valid driver’s license must be accompanied with your application.
- Appointments will be made in line with Employment Equity targets.
- Applications which have not been responded to within 30 days of closing date should be regarded as unsuccessful.
- Communication will be with shortlisted candidates only.
Ref No: MMS014/22GS
Seriti Coal Contact Details
Overview of Learnership Programmes in South Africa 2022
What is a Learnership
A Learnership is a work-based learning programme. This means that classroom studies at a college or training center are combined with practical on-the-job experience. We learn much better when we can practice what we have been taught in the classroom in a workplace environment.
By physically performing tasks that are learned in the classroom at the workplace, we can see what we have learned and what we did not understand. This allows us to ask the trainer to explain that part of the lesson again until we fully understand it.
Learnerships form part of a nationally recognized qualification that is directly linked to an occupation. This means that what you learn on leadership is not just for the particular job that you can get once you have finished the leadership; it also forms part of a higher qualification that you can study further through other Learnership or short courses.
Each leadership has a specific level of qualification. An artisan like a bricklayer or a beautician, for instance, is a Level 4 Qualification. This means that if you want to become an artisan you will have to complete 4 four separate leadership (levels 1, 2, 3 & 4). There is no set time-frame in which you have to do these, as each level qualification remains in the system and will count towards the full qualification.
Who Benefits From Learnerships
In short, everybody!
- You get access to free learning and better job opportunities
- Can earn while you learn
- Learnerships can help you to get into the workplace and/or get a formal qualification
- Gets skilled, experienced workers who will need less supervision
- Gets improved productivity
- Can identify and solve gaps in skills and training
- Educates and empowers employees, creating a happy workforce
- Gets access to far more skilled and professional workers
- Can develop employees to world-class standards
- Becomes more competitive in the international market
How Do Learnerships Work
In the past, the education given in schools and other education facilities did not really have much in common with the working world. This meant that people entered the workplace with all of the knowledge but none of the practical experience on how to do the job.
Learnerships teach both the why and how to by creating a contract between the learner, the learning provider, and the organization or business. All learnership contracts must be registered with the Sector Education Training Authority (SETA) for that specific industry, which guarantees that the learnership programme is of a high standard.
If accepted into a learnership you will have to sign two legal contracts; a Learnership Agreement and an Employment Contract. The Learnership Agreement tells you exactly what responsibilities you, the training provider and the employer have. The Employment Contract is only for the period of the learnership. Learnerships last between 12 -24 months.
If you are unemployed, you will receive an allowance while you are on a learnership which is meant to cover costs like travel and food. If you are already employed you will only receive your normal salary.
During the learnership you will spend a certain period of time in a classroom, either at the company or organization or at other premises, and the rest of the time actually working and learning on the job at the company. It is important that you take advantage of the opportunity offered to you to develop your skills, gain experience and grow your potential. form southafricaportal.com, A learnership is the perfect way to show the trainers and the organization what you know, as it could lead to a permanent job with that company or organization, so take your learnership seriously.
You will be expected to do certain written and practical tasks while on the learnership as part of your studies. Learnerships are outcomes-based, which means that you will be assessed (tested) on what you have learned through the various stages of the learnership, not only at the end of it.
You will get an official certificate that will state the qualification, and indicate the area in which you have developed skills during the learnership if you are considered to be competent at the end of it. This qualification is nationally recognized.
Completing a learnership is not a guarantee of employment, but many learners do get employed by companies or organizations where they did their learnerships. Even if that company does not employ you, you stand a much better chance of getting employed with a learnership qualification than without one.
Who Qualifies for a Learnership
Learnerships are designed for all levels and as such is open to anyone between the ages of 16 and 60. This includes the unemployed and the employed, the able-bodied and the disabled.
How Does One Get Access to a Learnership
Decide in which line you want to study and either speak to your employer or contact your nearest Labour Centre or Provincial Office of the Department of Labour to find out whether there are any learnerships that you can apply for.
Some learnerships have certain conditions, such as only accepting learners who have a Grade 12, speak more than 1 language, or have computer skills, for instance. Other learnerships do not have any requirements.
We are sure this awesome page really helped you regarding the Seriti Coal Learnership Programmes Application 2022, If yes: Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss, and get the latest updates.
However, if you have any queries regarding the Seriti Coal Learnership 2022, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!