University of the Free State Vacancy Application Details – Latest Jobs Opening in South Africa.
Information about University of the Free State Jobs Recruitment application form, vacancy requirements, eligibility, available positions, how to apply, and closing date.
All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply for the available Job position at University of the Free State before the recruitment application deadline published below on Southafricaportal.com as obtained from the official University of the Free State Jobs Careers website/portal.
University of the Free State Vacancy Application Details
- Don’t forget that the University of the Free State vacancy application is totally free of charge
- Make sure you meet the vacancy position requirements
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update in South Africa.
Open, Distance and eLearning (ODeL)
Assistant Officer: Ad-hoc Staff Administration (post level 13)
Job ID: 3688
KINDLY TAKE NOTE: Applications may only be submitted online through the official UFS vacancy website: http://www.ufs.ac.za/templates/vacancies. Applications submitted through any other platform will not be considered.
- NB! Applications may only be submitted online. Please ensure that all relevant documentation is attached to your application. INCOMPLETE OR APPLICATIONS SENT VIA EMAIL WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
- A detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter (please note that the first three (3) referees on your CV will be contacted with regard to reference checking);
- Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of all academic records;
- Certified copies (not older than 6 months) of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- A certified copy (not older than 6 months) of your identity document (ID);
- Proof of registration with a Professional Body (if applicable);
- A copy of your driver’s license (if applicable).
Duties and responsibilities:
- General office management and administration: ·
o Familiarise yourself with UFS ad-hoc claims & appointment processes.
- o Liaise with the HR Business Partner to administer the appointment of ODeL ad hoc staff.
- o Liaise with the Finance department to administer ODeL ad-hoc staff claims.
- o Liaise with the Quality Management office to develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for ad-hoc staff operations.
- o Capture ad hoc staff claims on PeopleSoft Finance system.
- o Follow-up with finance to ensure claims are paid timeously
- o Respond to ad-hoc staff enquiries
• Client Support:
- o Communicate deadlines for submissions with ad hoc staff members
- o Provide support to ad hoc Staff to complete the relevant forms
- o Liaise with all relevant stakeholders to ensure smooth payment & appointment process
- o Maintain records for ad-hoc appointments.
- o Maintain Records for ad-hoc claims.
- o Liaise with ODeL head to generate quarterly reports
- Grade 12 or National Vocational Certificate on NQF level 4.
- A minimum of one (1) year relevant working experience related to the duties and responsibilities as indicated above.
- Results Orientated
o The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- o The ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Strategic Thinking
o Ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- o Ability to focus on details; work towards perfection and approach work in a neat and organised manner.
- Business Acumen
o Ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- o Proficient in using MS Office.
o The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- o Ability to be cooperative with others; display a good-natured attitude and encourage people to work together.
- Building Coalitions
o The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
- o Ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree on NQF level 7 or a 3-year National diploma on NQF level 6.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience in similar working environment.
- Knowledge of the UFS financial, academic (PeopleSoft).
- Practical knowledge of UFS Ad-hoc staff processes.
- Knowledge of client service and telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of systems (PeopleSoft) and processes.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible.
22 January 2021.
The annual remuneration package, including benefits is: R179 819.26 – R301 475.48 depending on the budget available for the position, experience and qualifications.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 7705/ 7267/ 9848 or email Recruit@ufs.ac.za
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/ division.
The UFS is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress in achieving its equity targets. Our Employment Equity Plan is available at https://ufsacza.sharepoint.com/sites/supportservices/hr/Resources/Employment%20Equity%20Plan_July2017.pdf. For this post, we seek particularly to attract black (i.e. African, Coloured and Indian) and disabled South African candidates.
The UFS will only consider applications of candidates who meet all the inherent requirements of the position. Applications that are incomplete will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click on Self Service, then on Recruiting, and then on Careers to
However, if you have any queries regarding the University of the Free State Jobs Vacancy, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss, and get the Latest Job Vacancies Updates in South Africa.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too).