University of the Witwatersrand Vacancy for – Latest Jobs Opening in South Africa.
Details about University of the Witwatersrand Jobs Recruitment application form, vacancy requirements, eligibility, available positions, how to apply, and closing date.
All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply for the available Job position at University of the Witwatersrand before the recruitment application deadline published below on Southafricaportal.com as obtained from the official Jobs Careers website/portal.
University of the Witwatersrand Jobs Vacancy Application Details
- Don’t forget that the University of the Witwatersrand recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Make sure you meet the vacancy position requirements
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update in South Africa.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Assist purchasing of stock by providing anticipated quantities and current stock levels and in line with the University’s related policies and procedures.
- Issue, monitor stocks of cleaning equipment and materials.
- Distribute chemicals, consumables and equipment, monthly, weekly and daily.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and manage the work of subordinates to ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the university performance standards, industry standards and agreed client satisfaction levels.
- Provide guidance, coach and correct the subordinates by means of corrective action, training and positive motivation. Demonstrate or specifically explain correct procedures or desired performance.
- Performance is identified, monitored and reviewed in accordance with the University’s performance management policy. Together with subordinates set clear performance expectations and objectives.
- Administer, maintain and monitor time keeping, staff attendance record keeping and shift/overtime scheduling for submission to Cleaning Operations officer.
- They will guide subordinates on Human Resource and Employee Relations (ER)related matters and advise on way forward or assist in resolving the matter with the correct processes and procedures.
- Clientele enquiries and queries are dealt with promptly and efficiently and detailed feedback updated on progress is provided timeously.
- Develop and maintain healthy relationships with the client and take appropriate action to meet client satisfaction levels.
- Plans and co – ordinate monthly and weekly spot checks on cleaned areas.
- Oversee the day to day personnel management of the cleaning service and consult with the cleaning Operations Officer / Cleaning Operations Manager on any formal procedures.
- Assist in Co-ordinating specialized cleaning and schedule cleaning. i.e. deep cleaning, stripping and sealing, spring cleaning, etc.
- Maintain and manage effective administration, reports and record keeping systems.
- Ensure proper handling and maintenance of cleaning equipment.
- Oversee the implementation of Health and Safety rules, regulations in accordance with University Policy and Procedures and relevant legislation as well as Emergency Fire evacuation procedures.
- Address and educate Subordinate in terms of personnel hygiene in conjunction with the Transformation office.
- Report incidents and hazardous conditions and or anything that endangers the safety and security of the University community.
- Ensure that housekeeping and stacking in the storerooms are done in accordance with legislation.
- Alcohol and substance Abuse tests as per University’s policies.
- Required to work shifts, overtime or on weekends.
- Plan and coordinate all specialized cleaning projects, adhoc cleaning services and events.
- Grade 12/ NQF4
- NQF level 5 certificate in Operations/ Hospitality (Service related industry)
- Valid driver’s license
Required years of related experience:
- 3- 5 years in cleaning Supervision and Administration
- 3-5 years’ experience in staff management including discipline, development and working schedules.
- 2 years’ knowledge in all major areas of building maintenance, cleaning of restrooms, office, kitchens, residents, etc.
- Cleaning and hygiene
- Microsoft suite (Excel and word)
- Ability to manage and & multiple tasks simultaneously
Competencies (Knowledge, skills and behavior)
- Knowledge of Occupational Health, Safety & Environmental Act OHSE
- Customer service
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Relationship skills
- Organizational skills
Compliance/Statutory Requirements (Knowledge, Understanding and or training):
However, if you have any queries regarding the University of the Witwatersrand Jobs Vacancy, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss, and get job vacancies latest update.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!