World Food Programme Vacancy Application Details – Latest Jobs Opening in South Africa.
Information about World Food Programme Jobs Recruitment application form, vacancy requirements, eligibility, available positions, how to apply, and closing date.
All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply for the available Job position at World Food Programme before the recruitment application deadline published below on Southafricaportal.com as obtained from the official World Food Programme Jobs Careers website/portal.
World Food Programme Vacancy Application Details
- Don’t forget that the World Food Programme vacancy application is totally free of charge
- Make sure you meet the vacancy position requirements
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update in South Africa.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to end global hunger. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In emergencies, WFPgets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their shattered lives. Present in nearly 80 countries, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to nutritious food and contribute to the lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas. We manage an operating budget of approximately $5.9 billion each year, distributing 12.6 billion rations to those most in need. We reach an average of 80 million people with food assistance in around 80 countries each year. The World Food Programme office in Johannesburg is a Regional Office coordinating and supporting the delivery of humanitarian assistance to 11 Southern Africa countries including, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Botswana, Malawi, Madagascar, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo Brazaville.
For more on WFP and what we do, please go to http://www.wfp.org/videos/zero-hunger
To deliver a wide range of business support processes and activities for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery. The BSA will provide administrative support to the Regional Director (RD) and Deputy Regional Director (DRD) while reporting directly to the Special Assistant to the Regional Director.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Administration and Office Management
- Provide dedicated support to RD’s office.
- Prepare and/or reports, documentation, briefing notes, etc and conduct research in the area of work.
- Oversee the maintenance of records and databases to ensure all information is organised and readily available for RD/DRD’s and compliant with all regulations and policies.
- Prepare and or print briefing materials for both RD/DRD for use on official trips and executive board meetings.
- Make travel arrangements for RD/DRD – including preparation of trip documents, tickets and hotel reservations and submission of security clearance.
2. Coordination of activities for the RD’s office
- Maintenance the RD/DRD calendar and schedule appointments and meetings.
- Support the RD/DRD in preparation and organisation of regional meetings/ workshops.
3. Assist RD/DRD in all the Gender Dimension Activities
- Act as gender: Results Network Focal Point.
- Support in close consultation with Gender Officer, the communication of gender mainstreaming activities to internal and external audiences.
- Advise the RD/DRD on gender issues.
- Support the development of programming around gender, women’s empowerment and women’s rights.
- Provide inputs to gender policy as required.
4. Communication & Information disemination
- Provide a full range of business support services to the RD’s office to contribute to the effective functioning of business operations.
- Revise and review corespondence and documentation, providing feedback and making amendments where appropriate, to contribute to production of these materials to time and quality standards.
- Actively seek and use feedback to improve business processes and procedures.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in administration.
Experience: 4 years of progressively responsible work experience in the relative business stream with experience in general administrative work.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
- This is a 1 Year renewable Service Contract
- Net monthly salary range: R22,611 – R35,608
- Benefits: 24 days Annual Leave, Pension & Medical Insurance
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Wednesday, 3 March 2021, 11:59 South African Time
This position is only open to South African Citizens OR candidates with a South African Permanent Residence Permit
Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
However, if you have any queries regarding the World Food Programme Jobs Vacancy, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss, and get the Latest Job Vacancies Updates in South Africa.
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp or Email it to friends. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too).