Active Foundry (Pty) Ltd Vacancy Application Details.
The Active Foundry (Pty) Ltd Jobs Vacancy application form, recruitment requirements, careers eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, how to apply, closing date, and other important vacancies link are published here on Southafricaportal.com as obtained from the official Jobs website/portal.
Active Foundry (Pty) Ltd Jobs Vacancy – Application Details
2 Duties and responsibilities
· Perform a variety of Foundry related testing:
i. Spectrometer measurements
ii. Sand testing
iii. Brinell hardness testing
iv. Metallurgical / Micro analysis
v. Calibration of sand mixers
vi. Non-destructive testing of cast products
· Record production date and maintain production logs.
· Maintain Active Foundry’s lab testing standards.
· Efficiently perform and oversee all the laboratory processes to ensure accuracy in testing and quality.
· Maintain and file documentation as required, i.e.,
i. Material certificates.
ii. Heat Treatment reports and graphs.
iii. Micro-Structured results and photos.
iv. Calibrating measurements of the spectrometer.
· Other Duties or Tasks as requested or required by management.
· Analyze samples using the Spectrograph machine.
· Supervise all the melting personnel in an efficient manner to ensure consistent production of quality metal.
· Monitor the pouring temperatures and practices to ensure good quality castings.
· Monitor the ladle additions to ensure the additions are correct.
c) HEALTH AND SAFETY
· Appointed as Health and Safety supervisor.
· Ensure a safe working environment for all melting personnel.
· Ensure all melting employees apply and adhere to safety regulations. The Company maintains a smoke- and tobacco-free office. Refer to the Smoking Policy (Clause 5.2 Annex B) regarding smoking rules in the company.
· Proper understanding of the MSDS’s is a must, especially health hazards, first aid measures, the ppe requirement, etc.
· Medication containing alcohol must not be used before, or during working hours. It is the employee’s responsibility to ensure that they inform their doctor / clinic about this for the correct medicine to be prescribed. This is also applicable for over-the-counter medication.
· The correct PPE must be worn.
· Ensure no damage is done to the environment during the execution of duties.
· Matric certificate should be considered as the minimum.
· Proficiency with precision measuring tools.
· Metal Castings – foundry experience an advantage.
· Computer literacy.
· Must be able to work without guidance or supervision.
· Fault finding and analyzing skills is an advantage.
· The ability to work under pressure is an advantage.
4 Working conditions
· The foundry environment is dirty and dusty.
· During breakdowns longer hours will be worked, even weekends.
· Due to molten metal and high temperatures, it is a dangerous environment.
· Supervising more than four employees.
· Production targets are to be met.
· You are not allowed to leave the furnace with molten and/or metal inside until the furnace has been tapped-out.
Job Type: Learnership
All employees and visitors must wear COVID masks on the premises.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Germiston, Gauteng: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!