Kofi Annan Global Health application form 2022 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Kofi Annan Global Health application form 2022, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Kofi Annan Global Health Application Instructions 2022
The Kofi Annan Global Health application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the Kofi Annan Global Health application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Kofi Annan Global Health Application Details 2022
The African Union Commission launched the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) – Kofi Annan Global Health Leadership Programme on 25 May 2020 in partnership with the Kofi Annan Foundation, following its approval by the Governing Board of Africa CDC in March 2018.
The aim is to support aspirational Public Health Leaders (Fellows) from Africa in acquiring advanced skills and competencies to strategize, manage and lead public health programmes that will transform public health in Africa.
Fellows admitted in the programme will be senior public health professionals from African Union Member States who will contribute to and lead the implementation of a new public health order for Africa, and in turn mentor and develop the next generation of public health leaders for the continent.
The Fellowship will support 12 months of high-level professional development in advanced public health leadership that includes acquiring skills in health diplomacy, change management, influencing policy, among others. Fellows will be supported
by experienced experts in relevant fields from Africa and the diaspora. At the end of the programme, Fellows would have developed skills:
• for competent leadership styles that influence and empower others to achieve challenging multidimensional health goals;
• to frame and develop a viable strategic vision for bold, yet attainable goals for positive health outcomes;
• for well-rounded globally competent leadership with attributes such as vision, resilience, flexibility and efficiency
• to steer the complex environment of public health practice to achieve and maintain positive impact; and in health politics, negotiation, partnerships, and health diplomacy.
- The Fellowship will use a hybrid learning methodology that includes self-directed learning to accomplish a Personal Development Plan (PDP) over 12 months.
- Experiential learning shall take place through webinars, keynote lectures, online self-directed study with evaluations, case studies and an individual leadership challenge project. It will include up to eight weeks of institutional residential placements for all Fellows as a cohort.
- Fellows will spend the rest of the training period in their home country, continuing with their regular work responsibilities while also completing assigned courses and implementing the leadership challenge project.
- Fellows will be matched with experienced mentors and coaches to support their continued learning experience.
Applicants for the Fellowship must:
• be citizens of an African Union Member State;
• possess a postgraduate degree in a relevant field in public health;
• have relevant professional experience in any field of public health, including but not limited to one health, medicine, finance, health economics, health policy, animal health, or environmental health;
• be in full-time employment in any area of public health, in a private or public institution in Africa;
• have a good track record or be able to demonstrate the potential for effective public health leadership where they can positively impact the public health outcomes of populations
- Africa CDC will provide all learning and development materials and meet all costs associated with the fellowship, including travel,
daily allowance and insurance during the residential placements.
- Fellows will be supported to ensure that they have the relevant software for online learning.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted using the online application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered. All applicants must provide the following required information:
• A support letter from the current employer to confirm employment, guaranteeing that the candidate will be allowed enough time to participate in the Fellowship programme and to attend the full eight weeks of institutional residential experience.
• Letters of recommendation from two reputable professional referees.
• A personal statement (maximum 400 words) providing evidence of the candidate’s commitment to public health in Africa detailing the following:
– Their leadership experience and professional attainment
– Their vision of, and the future impact of effective public health leadership in Africa
– How they would champion public health initiatives in Africa
• A leadership challenge project proposal (maximum 400 words) that outlines a potential leadership challenge project they will implement. The proposal should include a title, brief description of the challenge (the what, the who is affected, and the why), a proposed strategy for a solution, and the expected outcome.
• Completed applications with all supporting documents should be submitted through https://learn.au.int/ form/kaf-ghlp-2nd-cohort. Incomplete applications and applications sent over email will not be considered.
Deadline for applications: 31st December 2022
Successful applicants will be informed by 31st March 2022
The fellowship will start on 1 May 2022
For More Information:
However, if you have queries regarding the Kofi Annan Global Health Application 2022, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!