AfWA Research Scholarships 2023 for African Young Water and Sanitation Professionals application form 2023 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on AfWA application form 2023, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
AfWA Application Instructions 2023
The AfWA application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the AfWA application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Updates.
AfWA Application Details 2023
As part of its Capacity-Building Program for African stakeholders in the water, sanitation, and hygiene sector (AfriCap) funded by USAID, the African Water Association is awarding research scholarships to young African water and Sanitation Professionals. Target beneficiaries are master students and engineers in the final year of their training. Each scholarship, with a maximum value of USD 1,000 (one thousand US dollars), will make it possible to carry out research work sanctioned by a scientific report on a theme related to the WASH sector.
During the 2016-2017, 2017-2018, and 2018-2019 academic years, AfWA awarded sixty (60) scholarships to students from eleven (11) countries in West and Central Africa. Other scholarships will be awarded across Africa for a period of three years (2021-2024). For the 2021-2022 academic year, fifteen (15) scholarships have been awarded to students from 13 countries. For the academic year 2022-2023, other fifteen (15) scholarships will be awarded across Africa.
Candidates for the scholarship program will formulate their research topics in relation to one of the themes proposed in this call for applications. They will also be able to apply to one of the research topics proposed by one of the members of AfWA. Topics will be available on the AfWA website. To apply, applicants must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country eligible for USAID funding.
- be in good standing academically with respect to their institution.
- Submit an application file including:
- Student card or registration receipt for the current year
- Last completed degree
- Curriculum vitae (3 pages max)
- Three recommendation letters (one should be from the academic supervisor)
- Research proposal form to be downloaded from AfWA website
- As part of this scholarship, the maximum amount allocated per recipient is US $ 1,000. Sixty percent (60%) of this amount will be paid to the recipient once the detailed plan of the research project is finalized, approved by the research supervisor, and received by AfWA Research and Capacity Building Program Coordinator. The remaining forty percent (40%) shall be paid once the recipient submits the electronic version of their final research report.
Applicants must submit their application electronically at the following addresses simultaneously: [email protected] and [email protected]. For any request or clarification, please send an email to [email protected].
The list of successful candidates will be published on AfWA website: www.afwa-hq.org and each beneficiary will receive an official notification from AfWA.
Students wishing to participate in the program are requested to submit their full application by April 15, 2023. The list of recipients for the 2022-2023 academic year shall be published by June 15, 2023.
The following themes were selected for this scholarship program for the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Approaches to reducing Non-Revenue Water in water utilities
- Improved Water Quality Control
- Water services in low-income urban areas
- Improvement of urban and peri-urban sanitation
- ICT use (Digitalization) in water and sanitation services
- Water resources management
- Water, sanitation, and gender.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the AfWA Research Scholarships 2023
However, if you have queries regarding the AfWA Application 2023, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!