AIMS Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Doctoral Training Program application form 2023 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on AIMS Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) application form 2023, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
AIMS Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Application Instructions 2023
The AIMS Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the AIMS Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Updates.
AIMS Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Application Details 2023
This doctoral training program established by AIMS will provide emerging African scientists the opportunity to conduct research at the forefront of data science and work towards a PhD degree within a high-quality training program in Africa, in cooperation with institutions internationally.
The program will focus on the theoretical foundations of data science as well as applications of data science to improve the daily lives of Africans. It is built on the understanding that modern approaches in data science require a combination of expertise spanning the areas of mathematics, statistics, computer science, and the applied sciences.
AIMS will be offering up to seven fully-funded PhD positions in this prestigious new doctoral program. The recruited students will be based in Rwanda at AIMS Rwanda, or any of the other AIMS centers, in partnership with universities and research institutions across Africa and globally. The program aims to train future change-makers, who will have an impact across academia, industry, education, and government.
Candidates can choose from a list of proposed research topics, and AIMS will assist in building a supervision team around these topics. Alternatively, candidates can suggest their own research topics, together with a proposed supervision team. Selected students will start in October 2023.
- Master’s degree (completed by Sept 2023) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, physics or other relevant fields;
- Sufficient theoretical foundations evidenced by prior work (courses/thesis/other training);
- Qualification for pursuing research on the chosen topic, including relevant programming expertise;
- Research potential evidenced by academic performance and involvement in relevant academic activities;
- Motivation for pursuing a PhD by research in the suggested topic;
- Being an African national.
The new Doctoral Training Program in Data Science (DTP-DS) is established by Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Rwanda in collaboration with top researchers from across the globe. Here, you can find more information on the following:
The selection process is competitive, and conducted in two phases:
The application must be submitted through the online submission form by midnight (Central African Time) on deadline 14 April 2023.
You will be asked to submit the following documents
- Application Form
- CV (you can use your own format, but please make sure to cover the content mentioned in this template that applies to your case. The template.tex file also contains general tips on writing CVs at the top.)
- Transcripts (Please submit your undergraduate and your masters level transcripts. Additional transcripts can be submitted if relevant.)
As part of the application form, you will be able to
- Select or suggest a research topic
- Name two academics (ideally senior researchers), who are willing to write a letter of support.
Make sure to contact your referee writers well in advance and only submit names of referees that
have explicitly agreed to write you a reference letter. Referees will automatically receive a
request to submit their reference letter for you in case you are shortlisted for Phase 2 of the selection process.
- Indicate whether you are already admitted at a university or otherwise have future plans that you consider to combine with this program
For More Information:
However, if you have queries regarding the AIMS Quantum Leap Africa (QLA) Application 2023, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!