British Council FestivalConnect application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The British Council FestivalConnect application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
British Council FestivalConnect 2020 for Festivals in the UK and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Don’t forget that British Council FestivalConnect application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of British Council FestivalConnect.
Applications for the British Council FestivalConnect 2020 are now open. The FestivalConnect 2020 is open to festivals in the UK and Sub-Saharan Africa. It facilitates connections, exchanges and showcases contemporary arts between UK and SSA festivals across art forms and at a scaled ambition.
They believe festivals are unique environments and make for condensed and intense experiences, and they would like to see ambitious and experimental projects fostered through this call. This requires a partnership between two festivals, one in SSA and one in the UK, but does not necessarily have to take place at both festivals, or it could be programming new art or creative work by young international artists.
The FestivalConnect 2020 is open to festivals in the UK and Sub-Saharan Africa.
There are two streams you can apply to:
- Festival to Festival – Supporting exchange between Festivals who would benefit from connecting and sharing with each other, creatively and professionally.
- Festival to Artist & Creatives – Supporting festivals to programme artists and creatives from SSA and the UK, so more SSA and UK 18-35-year-old’s have access to take part, collaborate and showcase their creative work with audiences of that country.
- Your proposal value should be between 10,000 – 20,000 GBP (or the equivalent in local currency)
- A confirmed partnership or booking between festivals, organisations or artists
- Proposals must be festival led
- Your proposal must address one or more of the expected outcomes
- Your proposal must have one partner in SSA and one in the UK
- If you are proposing to programme artists, the artist needs to come from the reciprocating country (ie UK or SSA)
- The activity should take place between May 2020 and May 2021
- The festivals involved should have presented a minimum of three iterations of its festival
- Your project should attract an 18 and 35 years old audience
- Artists programmed must be between 18 and 35 years old
- Open to festivals, biennales, art fairs or large-scale exhibitions
- East Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda
- Southern Africa: Botswana, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- West Africa: Ghana, Nigeria, Sierra Leonne, Senegal
- UK: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales
For more information, visit British Council FestivalConnect.
Deadline: February 5, 2020
However, if you have any feelings regarding the British Council FestivalConnect, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
?Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!??