Cape Town City Bursary 2022 for South Africans | How to apply for Cape Town City bursary program 2022-2023, application forms, basic requirements, and application closing date 2022.
Are you a student looking for Companies that offer Computer Science Bursaries in South Africa 2022? Cape Town City invites an application from suitably and qualifies students for their bursary program 2022.
Computer Science is the discipline of solving problems via solutions that are implemented on computers. You will also take courses in computer networks, database systems, operating systems, artificial intelligence, formal languages, software design, and data structures. It is not the easiest degree to get a hold on.
If you are successfully enrolled with a University you can apply for a Computer Science Bursary.
Every day, Computer Science Students are pondering the net about:
- How to Apply for Computer Science Bursary?
- Companies offering Bursaries in South Africa for Computer Science Students?
- Who Qualifies for a Computer Science Bursary in South Africa?
- How Do You Get Computer Science Bursary?
- How Does Computer Science Bursary Work?
Let’s dive into the full information about Cape Town City bursaries and application details in 2022.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university, or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into the study.
Cape Town City Bursary Progam 2022-2023 – Application Details
We can not guarantee that all information on this website is 100% correct as Bursary opportunities can get updated. We always do our best to give the most updated information, but ALWAYS check the official companies website for the latest information.
We understand that studying can be expensive. Fortunately, there are ways to get financial support for your education – whether from government, social organisations or private companies. At the City, we offer financial support for a number of applicants each year.
External bursaries from the City
Although higher education falls under national government, each year the City of Cape Town offers up to 45 external bursaries in skills we consider ‘scarce’ or important for our economy.
Scarce skills are skills which not many people have, such as engineering, or science. Our scarce skills financial support is for full-time studies only, and covers:
- examination fees;
- capped book allowance;
- may include accommodation and transport (where a proven need exists).
View a list of scarce skills currently in demand at the City.
While you are studying, the relevant department at the City will help you with any practical training you need for your course. We will also appoint someone to mentor you – usually an appropriate person from the department funding your studies.
“Thanks to the external bursary I have now obtained my qualification in Town and Regional Planning. I’m very happy that on completion of my course I was afforded the opportunity to work for the City of Cape Town.”Muneerah Siamat(National Diploma: Town and Regional Planning), now permanently employed as Assistant Professional Officer by the City’s Land Use and Management Department
How we select students
Selection is based on the following:
- Your financial need
- The relevant department’s staffing strategy (for example, candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds only/women only etc.)
- Any specific requirements for the selected scarce skill (for example, an “A” in maths)
- External bursaries are only open to residents of South Africa.
- You must be finishing school or in your first, second or third year of studies in the fields (scarce or critical skills) predetermined and advertised by the City by us.
- The external bursaries are relevant only for full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degrees and diplomas at approved tertiary institutions.
After your studies
Once you have completed your studies, you will need to work for us for the same number of years as the period of funding. If we don’t have a job vacancy for you when you have finished studying, we will release you from this agreement and, if possible, guide you in the right direction to find a position somewhere else.
For more information on applying for bursaries from the City of Cape Town:
- call our HR Service Desk: 021 400 3434; or
- check your community and weekend newspapers for any of our adverts.
Visit our City Connect portal for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for a bursary from the City.
Basic Requirements for Computer Science Bursaries
Students who want to apply for a Computer Science Bursary are required to have the following to qualify for a bursary.
- You have to be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book / ID Card.
- Provide proof you will need financial assistance.
- Willingness to learn and a passion for computer science. Followed by outstanding academic records with a high grade in math
Make sure to read every detail of your Bursary contract. Not every company offers the same rewards and some companies will ask you to work for them as long as you have held the bursary.
Where Can You Study Computer Science in South Africa?
Luckily you can study computer science at most Universities in the country.
However, if you have queries regarding the Cape Town City bursary application 2022, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!