Climate Tracker Paid Media Mentorship Program application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Climate Tracker application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Climate Tracker Paid Media Mentorship Program
The Climate Tracker application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Climate Tracker application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Climate Tracker Paid Media Mentorship Program
It’s all-encompassing and engaging. Our online training programme will see 12 young journalists from around the world dive into a paid 3-month mentorship with us! As a selected participant, you will be challenged and supported to publish 1 climate-related feature story each month on the Climate Tracker website. One story per month at $150USD per story, for three months.
Your stories will be shared and promoted throughout our channels and networks. Our aim is to make you famous for the awesome climate messages you produce. Exciting, right?!
All the while, you’ll also be a part of a diverse media mentorship programme, undergoing a range of connected training and collaborations covering social media engagement, data and visual journalism, and podcasting. A great chance to sharpen your new media skills to amplify your journalism and boost your marketability.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be 18-35 years old1 year of journalism experience min
- 1 year of journalism experience min
- Have a hunger to improve as journalists – this is a learning experience
- Have a history of writing quality climate stories
- Have proof of ability to take good quality photos
HOW TO APPLY?
Simply submit your pitch through this App. Send us an open link to your pitch, using our pitching guide found here. Pay close attention to Page 6.
YOUR COMMITMENT AS A SELECTED FELLOWOnce selected, we will get the ball rolling really quickly! Here’s a taste of what you’ll be jumping straight into.
- Pitching and publishing a Feature climate story each month for Climate Tracker’s site, with original photos – including 1 collaborative Feature in the 3rd month.
- Managing a twitter thread, and taking over CT’s twitter once per month to discuss your story or other news from your region
- Instagram live session throughout the 3 months
- 1 podcast interview throughout the 3 months, highlighting their story and sharing audio clips from their interviews
- Guest writing one Climate Weekly newsletter over the course of the 3 months
Not only is this a great opportunity to build your network around the world and engage with journalists beyond your country/region, it’s a fantastic chance to gain hands-on experience in reporting on climate change and sustainability issues.
THE EXTRA CHERRY ON TOP
After the three initial months are over, we will select the most impressive 6 fellows, with the highest graded stories will be offered the chance to move on to stage two! Three more months of paid storytelling!
In these additional months, fellows will be divided into three pairs and will be challenged to write a collaborative story in the first month and will pitch and produce either an in-depth story, an investigative story, or a multimedia production (video, podcast, bot, videogame, comic, interactive website etc…) in the second and third months.
The second period will also be paid at the same rate as the first, but in two payments (150+300). Fellows who advance to the second round may be invited to mentor and edit those in the next batch.
For More Information:
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Climate Tracker, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.