Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2024/2025 in UK Fully Funded… Commonwealth Masters Scholarships Online Application Form, Requirements, Eligibility, Interview Questions Sample, and Application Deadline 2024.
The Commonwealth Masters Scholarships application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date 2024.
International Students who want to undertake their Bachelor’s Degree in UK are encouraged to apply for this opportunity. The scholarship is available for the academic session of 2024.
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships Application Details
Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2024/2025: The UK Government through the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) is welcoming applications from eligible individuals for the fully funded Commonwealth Masters Scholarships to study in the United Kingdom.
The scholarship allows students from low and middle-income countries of commonwealth affiliation to enrol for a full-time Master’s taught program in the UK on full sponsorship. Students are usually picked through nominating bodies and are advised to follow instructions to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO).
Scholarships to be taken at: Universities in the UK.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships.
Scholarship level: Masters Study Programs.
Scholarship Worth: Please see scholarship value and benefits within
Nationality: Commonwealth countries
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships is funded by the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development, and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK. These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
There are eligibility conditions applicants must meet to apply for the Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2024/2025 for Low Income Country Students to Study in UK ; To apply for these scholarships, you must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2024
- By September 2024, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree (2:2) and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format
- Candidates will need to present proof English Language ability.
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: Applicants should be from any of these commonwealth countries; Antigua and Barbuda; Bangladesh; Belize; Botswana; Cameroon; Dominica; Eswatini; Fiji; Ghana; Grenada; Guyana; India; Jamaica; Kenya; Kiribati; Lesotho; Malawi; Malaysia; Mauritius; Montserrat; Mozambique; Namibia; Nauru; Nigeria; Pakistan; Papua New Guinea; Rwanda; Samoa; Sierra Leone; Solomon Islands; South Africa; Sri Lanka; St Helena; St Lucia; St Vincent and the Grenadines; Tanzania; The Gambia; Tonga; Tuvalu; Uganda; Vanuatu and Zambia.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
Each scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed)
- Approved tuition fees.
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate o £1,347 per month, or £1,652 per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area.
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas.
- If a Scholar has children and is widowed, divorced, or a single parent, a child allowance of £576.61 per month for the first child, and £143 per month for the second and third child under the age of 16, if their children are living with them at the same address in the UK.
Note that candidates will be selected through nominating bodies and applications will be generally be considered according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Quality of the plan of study
- Potential impact on the development of the candidate’s home country
How to Apply For Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
Visit the official website of Commonwealth Masters Scholarships below for the application form and other information about the Commonwealth Masters Scholarships program.
Interested and eligible applicants for the Commonwealth Masters Scholarships 2024/2025 are to submit their applications to the CSC using the CSC’s online application system. As well as applying to the CSC, applicants must apply to a nominating agency.
There are two types of nominating agency for Master’s scholarships:
- National nominating agencies– this is the main route of application
- Selected non-governmental organisations and charitable bodies
All applications must be made through one of these nominating bodies. Each nominating body is responsible for its own selection process and may have additional eligibility criteria. You must check with your nominating body for their specific advice and rules for applying, their own eligibility criteria, and their own closing date for applications.
You must make your application using the CSC’s online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by your nominating body. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not submitted via the online application system.
Please note that the CSC does not charge candidates to apply for any of its scholarships or fellowships through its online application system, and it does not charge organisations to nominate candidates.
Application Deadline: 17 October, 2024
PLEASE SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS USING THE SHARE BUTTONS BELOW.