Department of Finance Bursary 2022 | How to apply for the Department of Finance bursary program 2022/2023, application forms, basic requirements, and application closing date 2022.
Are you an Accounting student looking for Accounting Bursaries in South Africa 2022? Department of Finance invites an application from suitably and qualifies students for their bursary program 2022.
Accountancy means money. No company can thrive without good accountants. Becoming an accountant means studying hard and making ling days. It is not the easiest degree to get a hold on.
If you are successfully enrolled with a University you can apply for an accounting bursary.
Every day, Accounting Students are pondering the net about:
- How to Apply for Accounting Bursary?
- Companies offering Bursaries in South Africa for Accounting Students?
- Who Qualifies for a Bursary in South Africa?
- How Do You Get Accounting Bursary?
- How Does Accounting Bursary Work?
Let’s dive into the full information about the Department of Finance bursaries and application details in 2022.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university, or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into the study.
- 1 Department of Finance Bursary Progam 2022/2023 – Application Details
- 2 Department of Finance Bursaries Available
- 3 Department of Finance Bursaries: Requirements
- 4 Department of Finance Bursaries Online Application Forms
- 5 Department of Finance Bursaries: Closing Date
- 6 Basic Requirements for Accounting Bursaries
- 7 Where Can You Study Accounting in South Africa?
Department of Finance Bursary Progam 2022/2023 – Application Details
This department promotes the vision and mission of Government to provide education, training, as well as a stable skills base to candidates. They aid in distributing qualified skilled workers, into the workforce within South Africa. They specialize in scarce skill sets and providing needy, yet talented individuals with the opportunity to complete their studies. They believe in teamwork, individuality, talent and that there is a future for all.
This department manages all of the Government’s finances, be it investing in industrial movements, education or infrastructure. With the Department of finance bursaries, they offer talented candidates a great opportunity to further their knowledge and skills. They provide a variety of Finance bursaries yearly. Interested individuals that adhere to the requirements may apply once these bursaries become available.
Department of Finance Bursaries Available
Candidates planning to study in one of the below-mentioned fields will receive the following as it is included within this bursary scheme:
- Fully paid Tuition
- Fully paid Prescribed Books
- Fully paid University Accommodation and Meals
Fields of Study Available
- BCom Law
- Finance – Development
- Engineering – Financial
- Auditing – Internal
- Management – Risk
- Management – Financial
- Policy – Social
- Policy – Public
Department of Finance Bursaries: Requirements
If any of the mentioned fields are of interest to you, you can apply if you meet the following necessities of this department.
Candidates who want to apply for a bursary through this scheme must adhere to the following:
- Candidates must be a South African Citizen
- Candidates must hold a valid South African ID Document
- Candidate must have excelled in their Grade 12 Academic Year with an average of 65% or higher
- Candidates must provide proof of acceptance from an Institute of Higher Learning
- If studying with an Institution of Higher Learning, candidate must hold a 65% or higher average for the completed year
- Candidates must be in need of financial assistance
- Must be proficient in English and have great communication skills
- Must be a problem solver with quick decision-making abilities
- Must be able to work independently and within a team
Please ensure that the application is fully completed, no empty spaces and that it is signed by the applicant.
Preference will be given to candidates from a disadvantaged background, as well as candidates from a rural area. Applications missing any of the documentation, will not be considered.
Candidates who receive bursaries will be asked to sign an employment agreement, this will be for an equal amount of time as is the bursary duration. Once you have completed your studies this contract will come into working. However, if there is no available opening at that time within the department, candidates will be released from this agreement.
Department of Finance Bursaries Online Application Forms
The Department of Finance online application is available to download from the Department of Treasury Website. Candidates can find more information along with the application on their website.
Once you have completed the documentation, attached all required certified documents, candidates can send their applications to the address on their website.
Candidates are urged to ensure the following documentation accompanies their application:
- Motivational Letter / Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Detail
- ID Documentation of an applicant
- All-Academic records including Grade 12 results
- Parents / Guardians ID Documentation
- Parent / Guardians Proof of income or affidavit if not employed
- Parents / Guardians death certificate if deceased
- Acceptance letter from University
A motivational letter is the ideal opportunity to highlight your successes in life, provide your future goals and your personal interests. This in turn, gives the panel an idea of what makes you special and motivates why you ought to receive this bursary.
Successful candidates will be contacted, and a psychometric assessment may be required, this will be followed with an interview before the final selection takes place. Candidates who do not hear from the company can deem their applications as unsuccessful as all short-listed candidates will be informed.
Department of Finance Bursaries: Closing Date
Interested candidates whom are in need of financial aid to complete their studies are welcome to apply before the closing date early in May, June or August each year. Please be sure, you complete all fields of the application before submitting it. Ensure all the documentations are certified copies and not your originals. The Department will contact candidates who make the short-list, thus if you do not hear from them within two to three months.
Basic Requirements for Accounting Bursaries
Students who want to apply for an Accountancy Bursary are required to have the following to qualify for a bursary.
- You have to be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book / ID Card.
- Provide proof you will need financial assistance.
- Willingness to learn and a passion for accounting. Followed by outstanding academic records with a high grade in math
Make sure to read every detail of your Bursary contract. Not every company offers the same rewards and some companies will ask you to work for them as long as you have held the bursary.
Where Can You Study Accounting in South Africa?
Luckily you can study accounting at most Universities in the country.
However, if you have queries regarding the Department of Finance bursary application 2022, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!