Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) Bursary 2021 for South Africans | How to apply for DWS bursaries program online, DWS application form pdf download, requirements, eligibility, and Department of Water and Sanitation bursary application closing date 2021-2022.
Are you a student looking for Companies that offered Bursaries in South Africa 2021? Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) invites an application from suitably and qualifies students for their bursary program 2021-2022.
Every day, Students are pondering the net about:
- How to Apply for Bursary 2021
- Companies offering Bursaries in South Africa
- Who Qualifies for a Bursary in South Africa
- How Do I Get Bursary?
- How Does Bursary Work?
If you are successfully enrolled with a University you can apply for a bursary.
Let’s dive into the full information about Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) bursaries and application details in 2021.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university, or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into the study.
Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) Bursary Progam 2021-2022 Application Details
The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) maintains and manages South Africa’s water resources. DWS is mainly engaged in the creation and execution of rules and regulations concerning the water sector. Not only DWS assure proper water and sanitation access to all South African, it also develops efficient water management as well as balanced and well maintained economic and social community.
The Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) aims to address scarce and critical skills related issues affecting the water sector. In response to this, the Learning Academy was founded. The Learning Academy is responsible to the effective management of the programme that strives to provide a sustained solution to the skills shortages within South Africa’s water sector. Learning Academy’s programmes comprise of bursaries and internships, as well as a mentoring programme for Graduate Trainees which includes job training, active participation in real-world projects and specialised training.
DWS Learning Academy bursary scheme covers full tertiary registration and tuition costs, residence and meal fees, book allowance and an annual personal allowance.
The following universities are accepted for the bursary programme:
- University of Pretoria
- University of Kwa-Zulu Natal
- University of the Free State
- University of Cape Town
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the Western Cape
- University of Limpopo
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Walter Sisulu University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Vaal University of Technology
- University of Venda
- University of Witwatersrand
- University of Johannesburg
- University of Zululand
- Rhodes University
- University of Fort Hare
- North West University
For the academic year 2021, DWS will consider applications only for the following areas of study/qualifications:
- BSc/BEng and BSc (Hons)
- BSc and BSc (Hons)
- Environmental Management
- Water Economics and Project Management
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental and Water Sciences
- National Diploma
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
- Land Surveying
- Water Care and Environmental Management
Education assistance will be provided on a year-to-year basis and is renewable based on bursary holders’ satisfactory performance and results. Upon completion of studies, bursary holders will also be required to work for DWS Water Learning Academy for a maximum period of three years.
DWS Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicants who passed Grade 12
- Acceptance/registration at the 21 accepted South African Institutions of Higher Learning within water-related fields of studies mentioned above
- Excellent academic performance
- Proven financial need
- Previously disadvantaged and impoverished applicants will be given preference. Applicants with disability are also encouraged to apply
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the DWS Bursary Application Form (pdf) for the 2021 academic year. Follow instructions included on the form.
- Accompany your application with the certified copies of the following required documents:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Latest results (i.e. Grade 11 and/or first semester Grade 12 results), if you have not yet completed Grade 12
- Complete official academic record stating year marks, if you are currently studying at a university
- Recent examination results
- Valid ID
- Proof of application/provisional acceptance letter/firm offer from the university, for the first time/new students
- Parents/Guardian proof of income/proof of grant SASSA
- Submit all application forms using either of the following method:
- Post: Department of Water and Sanitation, Director: Learning Academy, Private Bag X313, Pretoria, 0001
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “DWS Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line)
Applicants who have not received any communication or response within 3 months after the closing date of the bursary application should consider their application unsuccessful.
20 October 2020
Ms. Nobulali Mtikitiki
Tel: 012 336 7149
Make sure to read every detail of your Bursary contract. Not every company offers the same rewards and some companies will ask you to work for them as long as you have held the bursary.
However, if you have queries regarding the Department of Water and Sanitation (DWS) bursary application 2021, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!