EJN application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) Indian Ocean Marine Science Workshop 2020 (Fully Funded) application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) Indian Ocean Marine Science Workshop 2020 (Fully Funded) Application Instruction
- Don’t forget that the EJN application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Earth Journalism Network.
As a part of the Ocean Media Initiative carried out by Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN), we are seeking journalists to attend a three-day marine science workshop in the Maldives. This opportunity is open to journalists from specific countries around the Indian Ocean to gain a better understanding of marine issues and how to report on them.
The workshop will provide targeted training on current marine topics, including marine protected areas (MPAs), reef and open ocean species (such as tuna, rays and sharks), fisheries, climate change and local issues relating to the dynamics between marine conservation and coastal development. It will be held in the Maldives from 24-26 June 2020.
- All sessions will be conducted in English.
- EJN will bear the travel, accommodation and meal costs of selected participants.
- Journalists from print, web, radio, and television are all encouraged to apply.
- We also highly encourage applications from female journalists, journalists under the age of 30 and those from indigenous or other minority groups.
- We are primarily seeking journalists based in specific countries from around the Indian Ocean, including; Australia, Comoros, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Maldives, Mauritius, Mozambique, Seychelles, Somalia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, and Tanzania.
Selected participants must:
- Commit to attend all days of the workshop.
- Be a resident of one of the priority countries listed above.
- Be able to understand and communicate in English.
Please note that we expect reporters to produce published stories as a result of their participation in his workshop. While we don’t require a letter from your editor supporting your application, we will give preference to those who can show an indication that their work will appear in a media outlet.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button on the top right of the page.
- If you have an existing account, you’ll need to log in. If not, you must register for an account by clicking “Join the Network” on the top right of the page.
- If you start the application and want to come back and complete it later, you can click “Save Draft.” To return to the draft, you’ll need to go back to the opportunity and click “Apply Now” again to finalize the application.
- You must submit two samples of stories or links to relevant stories. You’ll be asked to upload these once you start the application process so please get them ready beforehand.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
If you encounter any difficulties with submitting your application or have questions about this opportunity, please email [email protected].
For More Information:
Application Deadline: March 1st, 2020
However, if you have any feelings regarding the EJN, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
?Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!??