How to apply for Eric and Charmaine Mabuza Scholarship 2021, requirements, eligibility, application closing date, selection process, and contact details.
About Eric and Charmaine Mabuza Foundation
Eric and Charmaine Mabuza invites an application from suitably and qualifies students for their scholarship program 2021.
In 1999, the Eric and Charmaine Mabuza Foundation was founded. Established by its co-founders, Adv. Eric Mabuza and Charmaine Mabuza, the Foundation seeks out youngsters from disadvantaged backgrounds or remote rural areas who have shown outstanding academic ability.
The Foundation is putting its maxim into practice – that is, the sure-fire way of relieving poverty is by education. Raising community standards is at the heart of the Foundation. Before its inception, Eric and Charmaine Mabuza were involved in paying the university fees of students in Mpumalanga in South Africa. This project has been proudly carried forward.
Eric and Charmaine Mabuza Scholarship 2021
The Eric and Charmaine Mabuza Scholarship always dedicates to help youth from disadvantaged backgrounds to complete their education. It also provides scholarship opportunities for those from rural areas to help them rise above poverty levels.
Undergraduate students covering the following fields of study are fit to apply for the Eric and Charmaine Mabuza Scholarship 2021:
Those pursuing a degree in the following commerce fields:
- Accounting and Finance
- Management Accounting and Finance
Those pursuing a degree in the field of Information Technology:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Communication Networks
- Information Systems
- Software Development
The Selection Process and Scholarship Coverage
The scholarship covers the following student expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Cost of study materials
- Accommodation costs
- Meal costs
- An allowance for those having their accommodation costs catering for the meals
Eric and Charmaine Mabuza Foundation holds events attended by those who received bursary contracts as a mandate. They do this after receiving a request and have to participate in the foundation’s activities.
After successful graduation for the beneficiaries of the bursary, they need to give back the community. It is in spearheading the practice of achieving the mission of the foundation.
Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
Qualified participants must satisfy the following application requirements to ensure they fall under shortlisted participants. Without any of these minimum requirements, the foundation goes ahead to disregard your application.
- You must be a citizen of South Africa
- You need to have completed Matric
- You should be less than 35 years
- You must dedicate yourself to achieve and maintain exemplary academic work
- Your total household income each year should not exceed R350 000
- You must be willing to give back to the disadvantaged community
Meeting these eligibility standards qualifies you to receive the scholarship.
- You study or accepted to learn at a tertiary institution accredited in the South African
- If you study or take a full-time course in one of the degrees above within your 1st and 2nd year
- If you do not mind specializing in the fields of IT and Commerce
- If in your previous year of study, you achieved a minimum average of 70% in each subject
- You managed to achieve in the previous year of study a minimum overall grade of 70%
- You come from a previously disadvantaged background
- You are hardworking, full of insight, very enthusiastic, and diligent.
How to Apply and Application Details
An application must need to be done online by clicking here. Where you have to create an account and register. You then log in and begin the application process.
You must submit these documents on your application profile to have your application regarded. Failure to submit any of them disqualifies you for the scholarship.
- A certified copy of your ID
- A copy of your Certified Metric certificate
- An academic transcript of your previous year of study
- A tertiary institution letterhead accompanied with a provisional letter of admission
- Provide a provisional letter of admission for residency or private accommodation on tertiary institutions letterhead
- Certified copies of your parents’/guardians’ ID documents
- Provide a document ascertaining the proof of income of the student, parents, or guardians.
- An included affidavit explaining why you do not live with either parent if you are a victim
- An affidavit explaining why someone who is not your parent or guardian supports you if you are a victim
- Provide a detailed and convincing motivational letter explaining to prove why you are worthy of the scholarship. Include your future contribution to the community when granted the scholarship.
Application Closing Date
The application process end on 31 October 2020 .
The foundation shortlists few candidates required to attend an interview. After contacting successful candidates takes place and failure to receive feedback means your application was unsuccessful.
For any question or queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Eric and Charmaine Mabuza Foundation directly at:
Address: 14A Charles Cres, Eastgate, Sandton, 2148, South Africa
Telephone Number: +27 80 048 4822
E-mail Address: https://www.mabuzafoundation.co.za/