False Bay TVET College Open Learning Centre OLC Fish Hoek.
The Open Learning Centre (OLC) is the place to find all the information you need to tackle your assignments and coursework and to ensure successful outcomes for your program of study. All students registered at False Bay TVET College (full, part-time or distance learning) are encouraged to use the OLC facilities at each of our campuses which is accessible by displaying your student card.
Books may be borrowed when presenting your student card at the OLC desk, where it will be issued electronically. The return date will be indicated on the date sheet in the book. A maximum of two books may be borrowed over a two week period and may be renewed if they have not been reserved by someone else. Lost and damaged books must be paid for. Reference books, reserved project books and the daily newspaper may only be used in the OLC.
Students are expected to maintain a quiet atmosphere in the OLC, considering those who are reading or doing college work. Socialising happens outside the OLC and group discussions are to be done with the minimum disturbance to others.
All textbooks must be returned at the end of a course. Lost and damaged textbooks must be paid for. No textbooks are issued for a following course if any books are outstanding.
- Assistance to staff and students in finding information in hard copy or online
- The OLC welcomes requests for specific resources required by lecturers or students.
- Reading support for improved English literacy and reading enjoyment
- Fiction and Non Fiction books
- Videos & DVDs (limited collection)
- Posters for lecturer used
- Daily News Paper: Cape Times
- Computers with Internet access, with preference for academic purposes
- E-learning facilities
- Past exam papers and memos
- Photocopying (colour and personal copies to be paid for)
- Printing (as above)
- Laminating (both A4 and A3)
- Study area (Preference given to students reading or doing college work)
Phone: 021 784 4321
Fax: 021 7826131
The OLC can accommodate students in the study area and has a computer area with computers for completing research. The collection also consists of books and eBooks for research purposes.
Opening hours during the week
- Monday – Friday: 07h30-16h00
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!