Forestry And Agriculural Biotechnology Institute (FABI) Internship 2021 | How to apply, intern requirements, eligibility, online application form, application closing date 2021-2022, salary scale, interview questions sample, and lots.
Are you looking for Internships Programme in South Africa in 2021? An application is invited from suitably and qualifies applicants for the Forestry And Agriculural Biotechnology Institute (FABI) Internships program 2021. Learn about the process you’ll take to complete the application below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
An internship is a period of work experience offered by an organization for a limited period of time. An internship is used for a wide range of placements in businesses, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. They are typically undertaken by students and graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field.
Internships for professional careers are similar in some ways. Similar to internships, apprenticeships transition students from vocational school into the workforce. The lack of standardization and oversight leaves the term “internship” open to broad interpretation. Interns may be high school students, college and university students, or post-graduate adults. These positions may be paid or unpaid and are temporary.
Forestry And Agriculural Biotechnology Institute (FABI) Internship Programme Application Details
The FABI Internship Programme provides interns with a period of experiential learning during which previously acquired knowledge and theory are integrated with practical application and skills development in the plant health research environment or professional setting. It thus provide interns with the opportunity to gain applied experience, while affording their mentors/supervisors the opportunity to guide their development
Our vision is that the initiative prepare interns for careers in the forestry and agricultural sectors.
The internship draws from the expertise of multiple stakeholders and the training is coordinated with the needs of relevant industries, organizations and government.
By the end of this one-year internship, successful candidates will be acquainted with and able to practically apply the knowledge gained on all of the following:
- Plant health and pest/disease threats Global trade; Pathways of introduction and spread; Examples and case studies; Biosecurity; Quarantine and exclusion
- Phytosanitary concepts International Plant Protection Convention; International Standards for Phytosanitary Measures; Pest and disease risk analysis; Phytosanitary certification; Phytosanitary import/export regulatory systems
- Pest and disease diagnostics Identification of insects, fungi, bacteria and viruses; Field- and laboratory-based identifications; Pest and disease reporting and communication
- Disease and pest surveillance Importance of surveillance; How and why surveillance is implemented; Strategies and methodologies
- Pest and disease risk analysis and management Assessing risk; Commodity-specific management options; Pre- and postharvest practices; Integrated management systems; Biological Control; Systems approaches
- Agricultural/Forestry extension Concept and practice of extension; Target groups and their needs; Stakeholder engagement and awareness; Communication media
Eligibility and stipends
- South African graduates with a minimum of a BSc Hons degree or a four-year BSc Agric degree.
- These may include specialization in a range of fields in the biological and agricultural sciences (e.g., genetics, entomology, microbiology, plant pathology, plant breeding, plant production, agricultural extension, etc.).
- Preferred applicants are those whose appointment would contribute towards achieving demographic representation in FABI.
- This is a one-year internship with a monthly stipend of at least R8000, depending on the student’s academic qualifications.
- The Internship Programme typically runs from February to February every year
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should email their detailed CV, copy of their South African ID and full academic record to email@example.com(link sends e-mail)
Only applications received by 5 December 2020 will be considered.
We are sure this awesome page really helped you regarding the Forestry And Agriculural Biotechnology Institute (FABI) Internships Programme Application 2021, If yes: Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss, and get the latest updates.
However, if you have any queries regarding the Forestry And Agriculural Biotechnology Institute (FABI) Internships 2021, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!