FOTEA/Oxfam-Uganda Stories 4 Change Programme application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
FOTEA/Oxfam-Uganda Stories 4 Change Programme 2023 for art creatives
FOTEA and Oxfam invite young creatives between the ages of 22 and 35 in the fields of photography, videography, written word, illustration, audio and podcasting to join us in a workshop programme ‘Stories 4 Change’.
If you’re working in the creative industries, are a storyteller or have the ambition to become one and you’re interested in learning new skills, gaining valuable experience and helping to show the world fresh perspectives on global issues, we want to hear from you!
Stories 4 Change will bring together a group of young makers to explore different mediums and narratives and collaborate with industry leaders to develop projects ready to be pitched and shown to the world. Your stories matter, and we want to help you to tell them better, bigger and louder.
Participants should be young professionals with some working experience and a basic level of technical skills. You should also have an interest in exploring and documenting public, social, economic or political issues in creative and collaborative ways. The programme will run over the course of six months from February to July, and participants will be expected to commit a substantial period of time during this period. Stipends will be available to cover expenses incurred.
- Applicants must be Ugandan citizens or have proof of residency if non-citizens.
- Applicants should be between 22 and 35 years of age.
- Should have a minimum of ‘A’ level education, with base or working internet and computer knowledge. Some working experience and a basic level of technical skills would be welcomed but not required.
Applications must be accompanied by:
- A portfolio – please share a link to some of the creative work you’ve done in whichever medium you’re conversant with. This may be a link to your website, blog or any cloud storage options like Google Drive, Dropbox or iCloud.
- A motivation letter (between 200 and 400 words) explaining why you should be considered for this endeavor and what you hope to gain from this experience. This can be submitted as a pdf or word document.
- A short concept note (between 400 and 700 words) on your Story 4 Change. Which public, social, economic or political issues are important to you, trigger or inspire your creativity? What do you wish to explore and think is important for others to get to know more about?. This can be submitted as a pdf or word document.
For More Information: