Ian Perry application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The Ian Perry Scholarship Prize 2020 for young Photo Journalists ($USD 3,500 Prize) application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Ian Perry Scholarship Prize 2020 for young Photo Journalists ($USD 3,500 Prize) Application Instruction.
- Don’t forget that Ian Perry application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Ian Perry.
Application Deadline: June 30th 2020
Ian Parry was a photojournalist who died while on assignment for The Sunday Times during the Romanian revolution in 1989. He was just 24 years of age. Aidan Sullivan, then picture editor, and Ian’s friends and family created the Ian Parry Scholarship in order to build something positive from such a tragic death. Each year we hold an international photographic competition for young photographers who are either attending a full-time photographic course or are under 24.
The Ian Parry Scholarship is divided into two categories: The Sunday Times Award for Achievement and The Canon Award for Potential.
The entry criteria for both is the same and the judges will make their decisions based on the individual merits of the entries. Entrants must submit a portfolio and a clear proposal of a project they would undertake if they won the scholarship.
- Each winner will receive $3,500 towards their chosen project.
- Canon Europe continues to support the Scholarship and loans equipment to the winners.
- Attend a portfolio review day with leading industry experts in London.
- Mentorship Programme, we offer a year-long personal Mentorship to the winner of The Canon Award for Potential. The 2020 mentor is highly respected photojournalist Jon Jones.
- Both winners will have the opportunity to take part in the Transmissions Programme at Visa Pour L’Image in Perpignan.
- World Press Photo, automatically accepts the winner of the Achievement Award into its final list of nominees for the Joop Swart Masterclass in Amsterdam.
- Your work will appear in The Sunday Times Magazine, our media sponsor.
To enter this year’s Ian Parry Scholarship, you will need to be 24 or younger or enrolled on a full-time recognised photographic course. Your application should contain the following information:
1) Your name, date of birth, permanent address, personal email address, personal telephone number, and if applicable, college, course title and course tutor.
2) A project description giving us details of the portfolio you have uploaded for this application and 12 extended captions
3) A project proposal telling us how winning the Ian Parry Scholarship and $3500, would enable you to continue with the above project or how it would enable you to start a new photographic project.
4) A portfolio of 12 (low resolution) photographs, either a photo essay or individual photos.
5) Extended captions for each image as a word document. Please follow the instructions on the submit form carefully.
Visit the Official Webpage of the Ian Perry Scholarship Prize 2020
However, if you have any feelings regarding the Ian Perry, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
👍Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!👇👇