Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Post-doctoral Award in Palestine Studies application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Post-doctoral Award in Palestine Studies application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Post-doctoral Award in Palestine Studies 2020-2021 at Columbia University (Stipend of $50,000)
- Don’t forget that Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Post-doctoral Award in Palestine Studies application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Post-doctoral Award in Palestine Studies.
Applications are invited for the Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Award in Palestine Studies 2020-2021 at Columbia University. The award recognizes and seeks to foster innovative and groundbreaking scholarship on issues related to Palestine and Palestinians. The award will support a post-doctoral scholar working on a book project in any field of the humanities or social sciences.
The Fellow will spend the academic year at Columbia University, pursuing her or his research and writing, contributing to curricular matters, and participating in the intellectual life of the Center for Palestine Studies at the Middle East Institute. The Fellow will present a seminar in the colloquium series and contribute to other public events organized by CPS, and may be invited to speak at other universities in the United States.
Established in 2010, the IAL Award is made possible through the generosity of the late Abdel Mohsin Al-Qattan in honor of his friend, the Palestinian scholar and intellectual, Ibrahim Abu-Lughod (1929-2001). Their close friendship began in the aftermath of the Nakba of 1948 and evolved into a shared commitment to justice for Palestinians to be realized through support for excellence in higher education and scholarship. The IAL Award also is supported by other donors and by the Arts & Sciences at Columbia University.
- The Award carries a stipend of $50,000 for the academic year.
- Open to all post-doctoral scholars who share the mission of the Center for Palestine Studies to advance the production and circulation of knowledge on Palestinian history, culture, society, and politics through outstanding scholarship.
- Preference will be given to individuals from underrepresented programs who would benefit most from the academic resources of Columbia University.
- The Fellow may not hold any other major fellowship or teaching obligations during the award period.
- The Fellow must have a PhD in hand by June 2020.
The following list of materials is required for all applicants:
- Completed Online Application found here.
- Curriculum vitae. Should include Education (names and location of colleges, graduate and professional schools, with dates attended and degrees earned); Employment; Academic honors; Publications (Please do not send the publications); Languages read, spoken and written.
- Three-page (1000 word) description of the book project on which fellow will work and its significance. Indicate how much has been completed and what you intend to do during the fellowship period.
- Writing sample (15 pg max). Can be an extract from a longer work.
- Two letters of recommendation. Recommendations should come from scholars familiar with the proposed project and the applicant’s qualifications. Recommendations must be submitted only by recommenders here by January 15, 2020. Applicants are responsible for requesting the letters.
Application materials and recommendations should be submitted in PDF format on or before January 15, 2020
For more information, visit Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Award.
Deadline: January 15, 2020
However, if you have any feelings regarding the Ibrahim Abu-Lughod Post-doctoral Award in Palestine Studies, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
?Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!??