The IWMF Emergency Fund application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on IWMF Emergency Fund application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
The IWMF Emergency Fund.
The IWMF Emergency Fund application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that IWMF Emergency Fund is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of The IWMF Emergency Fund.
The IWMF Emergency Fund is sustained with the support of individual donors to address the growing need to provide direct assistance to women journalists who are suffering.
THE IWMF EMERGENCY FUND PROVIDES WOMEN JOURNALISTS WITH:
- Small grants for psychological and medical care for incidents directly related to threats and crises caused by one’s work as a journalist;
- Three months of temporary relocation assistance in the event of crisis or threat;
- Legal aid to counter threats of imprisonment or censorship;
- Non-financial assistance in the form of information about additional access to resources.
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE IWMF EMERGENCY FUND, CANDIDATES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Be a staff or freelance woman reporter, working in any medium, whose primary profession is journalism;
- Have worked full-time as a journalist within six months of applying for assistance;
- Apply for assistance with a crisis situation directly connected to work as a journalist.
To request assistance from the IWMF Emergency Fund, please complete this preliminary questionnaire (en español). An IWMF staff member will respond to your request in a timely manner at which point you may be required to provide additional information. Please understand that it will take time to process your request.
COVID-19 Relief Fund
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the IWMF is turning our attention to how we may best serve our community of women journalists at this unprecedented moment in history. Based on early, anecdotal evidence of cancelled assignments, lost income and an inability to pay essential living expenses, we anticipate a great need for support within our global network of journalists – especially among freelancers with no safety net.
The IWMF’s Journalism Relief Fund is open to women-identifying journalists in dire straits – journalists who have faced significant financial hardship, lost work, were recently laid off or who urgently need assistance to avoid severe, irreversible outcomes.
This fund will provide small grants of up to $2,000 USD per request though special consideration will be given on a case-by-case basis to those have greater financial need.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: Ongoing
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the IWMF Emergency Fund, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.