Leigh Day LLB Scholarship application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Leigh Day LLB Scholarship application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Applications for the Leigh Day LLB Scholarship 2022-2023 at the University of Fort Hare & the University of the Western Cape are now open. This scholarship is generously supported by Leigh Day & Co, a London law firm specialising in personal injury and human rights law.
Canon Collins Trust invites applications from current 2nd and 3rd year students (going into their 3rd and 4th year in 2022) studying for an LLB at the University of Fort Hare and the University of the Western Cape. They will provide funding for maximum of two years.
Law and human rights have long been within Canon Collins Trust’s priority areas for awarding scholarships. By investing in future members of South Africa’s legal profession they hope to support a new generation of leaders to develop legal systems which are just and equitable.
- Awards will be R40,000 per academic year. Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years. They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- They also organise an annual conference for current scholars and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to our network.
Applicant must be:
- A current second or third year LLB student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
- A national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- In possession of a strong academic record and extra-curricular involvement.
- A 2nd or 3rd year undergraduate of Law student at the University of Fort Hare or the University of the Western Cape.
The deadline for applications is at 15:00 GMT on September 26, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Leigh Day LLB Scholarship.