Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award application form 2022 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award application form 2022, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award Application Instructions 2022
The Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award Application Details 2022
The Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute of New York University’s Faculty of Arts and Science is pleased to announce The Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award 2022 to provide the means for promising early-career, creative nonfiction writers to report on an untold story that uncovers truths about the human condition.
Offered for the first time in 2015, the Award has been endowed by individuals and organizations touched by the life and work of Matthew Power, a wide-roving and award-winning journalist who sought to live and share the experience of the individuals and places on which he was reporting. Power, a longtime friend of the Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute, died in March 2014, while on assignment in Uganda.
The monetary award of $12,500 will be distributed in the following way:
- $6,000 upon announcement of the winning proposal; $3,000 upon evidence of substantial progress (usually a first draft); and $3,500 upon completion and acceptance by the Award committee.
The Institute expects the Winner’s Work to meet a high degree of excellence. While the Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award competition is open to all, with the exceptions noted below, the Institute especially encourages applications from early-career, creative nonfiction writers working on projects that meet the competition’s guidelines.
The following persons are not eligible to compete for The Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award:
- Employees, volunteers, interns and agents of NYU, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries (“NYU Affiliates”).
- NYU graduates with degrees dated within two years of the application deadline.
- Journalists holding staff positions at established media outlets that are in a position to fund such projects on their own.
Before creating your application, read the FAQ and the Competition Terms of Agreement and Eligibility Requirements carefully. If you have a question about applying which is not answered in either place, you may inquire at [email protected]
For more information, visit Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award.
However, if you have queries regarding the Matthew Power Literary Reporting Award Application 2022, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!