Mecila Junior Fellowships application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The Mecila Junior Fellowships application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Mecila Junior Fellowships Programme 2020 for Early-career Scholars (Funding available)
- Don’t forget that Mecila Junior Fellowships application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Mecila Junior Fellowships.
Applications are open for the Mecila Junior Fellowship Programme 2020. Mecila will award 4 Junior Fellowships at the Mecila hub in São Paulo, Brazil, to excellent early-career scholars who have recently obtained their doctoral degree in the humanities or the social sciences. In 2020, the fellowships will have a duration of 7 months (from 1 May to 30 November).
Successful applicants are expected to participate in an international research network that focuses on the co-constitution of conviviality and inequality from an interdisciplinary perspective. Accordingly, the Centre addresses the processes of negotiation, legitimation, transformation, and representation of existing hierarchies as they take place in everyday interactions and within institutions.
Selected Fellows will be expected to:
- Develop an independent research project in the field of conviviality-inequality, making a contribution to the Research Areas of the project
- Participate actively in the Centre’s activities (including the weekly colloquia) and engage in interdisciplinary exchange
- Present and discuss scientific research results within and outside the Centre
- Contribute at least one issue to Mecila’s Working Paper Series
- Contribute at least one outreach activity (interview, blog contribution, video, public lecture, policy paper, etc.)
- Undertake at least one relevant activity (e.g. a lecture) at El Colegio de México, Mexico City or at Instituto de Investigaciones en Humanidades y Ciencias Sociales (Universidad Nacional de La Plata/Conicet) in La Plata, Argentina
- The monthly stipend is above average, covering local living costs.
- Applicants should have a PhD degree in the humanities or the social sciences obtained within the last 5 years from the date of application
- A track record of training, research, and publications on Mecila’s subject areas
- Excellent command of the English language
- Ability to and interest in actively participating in an international, interdisciplinary, and collective research environment
- An appropriately ambitious research project of relevance to Mecila that will enhance the applicant’s career prospects
Applicants must send the following documents in English, Spanish or Portuguese via e-mail in a single pdf-attachment no later than 15 January 2020 to the Coordination Office in São Paulo (email@example.com):
- Motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- Research outline describing current research and envisaged contribution to the Centre (max. 1.500 words)
- Curriculum Vitae, including a list of publications
- Two recent writing samples: journal article (published or forthcoming), book chapter or thesis chapter
For more information, visit Junior Fellowship.
Deadline: January 15, 2020
However, if you have any feelings regarding the Mecila Junior Fellowships, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
?Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!??