Media Internship 2021 | Media vacancies, jobs careers portal, How to apply, intern requirements, eligibility, application closing date 2021-2022, salary scale, interview questions sample, and lots.
Want to apply for Media Internships Programme in South Africa? An application is invited from suitably and qualifies applicants for the available Media Internships program 2021. Learn about the process you’ll take to complete the application below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected status.
An internship is a period of work experience offered by an organization for a limited period of time. An internship is used for a wide range of placements in businesses, non-profit organizations, and government agencies. They are typically undertaken by students and graduates looking to gain relevant skills and experience in a particular field.
Internships for professional careers are similar in some ways. Similar to internships, apprenticeships transition students from vocational school into the workforce. The lack of standardization and oversight leaves the term “internship” open to broad interpretation. Interns may be high school students, college and university students, or post-graduate adults. These positions may be paid or unpaid and are temporary.
Media Internship Programme Application Details
The world of media has so much excitement with various learning experiences to offer. Candidates pursuing this line of career options will never have a dull moment in life. Media fields include radio, TV, internet and print forms such as magazines and newspapers. They range from entertainment, education, politics, environment, animals, world matters and current affairs, to name but a few.
This industry calls to extroverts, with great talent, communication skills, and an adventurous spirit. Technological advancements have revolutionized the industry quite a bit. There are many changes still on the rise, and interns have the opportunity to grow with this industry.
Media Internships Available
Media internships include all four basic means of media. This is Radio, Television, Electronic, and Print. Additionally, the companies that offer internships within these areas are also many, Some of them are:
Fields candidates may want to consider:
- Public relations officer
- Information officer
- Media planner
- Program researcher
- Market researcher
- Program broadcaster
- Multimedia specialist
- Producer – Video / Television / Film
- Runner – Video / Radio / Film
- Magazine journalist
- Broadcast journalist
- Advertising accounts specialist
- Digital marketing
- Graphic design
- Copy writer
- Computer information systems
- Social media content creator
- Digital media coordinator
- Online editor
Companies that may offer internships in the area of media:
Media Internship Requirements
Each company will have their own set of requirements for candidates, these may also depend on the field you are entering.
There is though many similar requirements, they may include the following:
- Candidates must be a South African citizen
- Candidates must have a valid ID document
- Candidates must have successfully completed their Matric, as well as a degree within their field
- Candidates must have a solid understanding of all media forms
- Candidates must be computer literate – MS Office and other programs
- Candidates must have experience in research and writing
- Candidates should be familiar with digital photography
- Candidates must not already have completed an internship with another company
- Candidates must be proficient in English (Speak, Write & Read)
Candidates with the following attributes will be preferred;
- Candidates must have strong people skills
- Candidates must work well independently, as well as part of a team
- Candidates must be comfortable to work on all levels of an organization
- Candidates must have great planning skills and be able to meet deadlines
- Candidates must be passionate about social issues, and their career path
- Candidates must be creative thinkers with an interest in international, as well as local events
- Candidates must be flexible, and willing to travel if required
- Candidates must show ability to organize proficiently
- Candidates must be eager to learn, energetic and an extrovert
- Candidates must be able to use own initiative
Candidates with disabilities are urged to apply. Some companies do prefer people with a driver’s license. There is no guarantee of lasting employment after conclusion of the internship, this will be done at the company’s own discretion. Candidates may be asked to do required tests for their field of employment. Candidates who are familiar with electronic and print media environments will have a preference by many companies.
How to Apply
Media online application processes may be made available anytime during the year, by a variety of companies. Candidates can gather more information regarding each company’s process, on their web pages or call their offices to find out.
It is also vastly suggested that candidates add a cover letter, along with a Curriculum Vitae to their applications. Candidates are reminded to confirm that applications are completed in full, and all obligatory documentation enclosed before sending in their applications. All documentation must be certified copies, please do not attach your originals.
Media Internships Closing Dates
Closing dates will differ from company to company, depending on their needs within this field. Please remember to sign the application, include copies of all required documentation as stipulated in the application, and fill in the application completely. Some companies may offer a monthly stipend or salary, but most do not offer candidates housing, meals or transport. No late entries will be considered, so ensure you know what the closing date is, and have your application in on time.
We wish all candidates only the very best, may your dream realize and your expectation be met.
We are sure this awesome page really helped you regarding the Media Internships Programme 2021, If yes: Don’t hesitate to Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss, and get the latest updates.
However, if you have any queries regarding the Media Internships Application 2021, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!