Miles Morland Foundation application form 2023/2024 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on The Miles Morland Foundation 2023/2024 Writing Scholarships for African writers (£18,000 in Scholarships) for post-graduate African students application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
The Miles Morland Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024 for post-graduate African students
The Miles Morland Foundation application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Miles Morland Foundation application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Updates.
Details of Miles Morland Foundation Scholarships 2023/2024
It can be difficult for writers, before they become established, to write while simultaneously earning a living. To help meet this need the MMF annually awards a small number of Morland Writing Scholarships, with the aim being to allow each Scholar the time to produce the first draft of a completed book. The Scholarships are open to anyone writing in the English language who was born in Africa, or both of whose parents were born in Africa.
- To qualify for the Scholarship a candidate must submit an excerpt from a piece of work of between 2,000 – 5,000 words, written in English that has been published and offered for sale, you must send clear evidence that the piece you upload as part of your application has been both published AND offered for sale.
- This will be evaluated by a panel of readers and judges set up by the MMF. The work submitted will be judged purely on literary merit.
- It is not the purpose of the Scholarships to support academic or scientific research or works of special interest such as religious or political writings.
- Submissions or proposals of this nature do not qualify.
Scholars writing fiction will receive a grant of £18,000, paid monthly over the course of twelve months. At the discretion of the Foundation, Scholars writing non-fiction, who require additional research time, could receive an additional grant, paid over a period of up to eighteen months.
Scholarships are open to anyone writing in the English language who was born in Africa, or both of whose parents were born in Africa.
Have you enclosed all six things on the checklist below?
- A submission of between 2,000 to 5,000 words as a Word document of work that has been published and offered for sale.
- Proof of publication and proof of sale.
- A scan of an official document showing that you, or both of your parents, were born in Africa.
- A description of between 400 – 1,000 words about the new book you intend to write.
- A brief bio of between 200 – 300 words.
- Please tell us how you heard about the Morland Writing Scholarships.
For More Information:
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Miles Morland Foundation, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.