MLEx Fellowship application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on MLEx application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
The Mawazo Learning Exchange (MLEx) Fellowship 2020 for African female PhD Scholars ($USD 500 stipend) application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that MLEx application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of MLEx Fellowship
Mawazo (“Ideas”) Institute is a non-profit research institute based in Nairobi. Mawazo Instiute mission is to support the next generation of female scholars and thought leaders in East Africa, and to get policymakers and the general public engaged with
The MLEx Fellowship Programme is a one-year non-residential fellowship for young African women enrolled in PhD programmes at accredited universities in East Africa. Fellows will receive a discretionary stipend ($500), data bundles and participate in a virtual training programme, paired with mentorship and networking. The MLEx programme uses professional development courses
designed by the Mawazo Institute to develop and nurture skills in our Fellows that are applicable across a variety of academic disciplines.
For the first year of our MLEx Fellowship, which begins in early 2021, we are recruiting 10 African women pursuing doctoral research at the nexus of agriculture/ food security and gender, and enrolled at accredited universities in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate how they are analysing gender perspectives and
dimensions in agriculture and food security, and integrating them into their research.
The call for applications for MLEX Fellows opens from November 6th 2020 to November 27th 2020. Eligible applicants are invited to apply following the instructions below.
In order to be eligible for the MLEx Programme, applicants must:
- be women below the age of 40 as at 1st January 2021
- be citizens of an African country
- be enrolled for their PhD at an accredited university in Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania or Uganda
- be available to fully participate in the programme in 2021-2022
MLEx Programme beneficiaries will receive the following benefits:
- A stipend worth $500 for discretionary use
- Participation in Mawazo’s in-house virtual professional development and leadership training programme, MLEx
- Data bundles for supplementary internet connectivity to access and use MLEx
- Research and editorial support from the Mawazo staff and our partners
- Connections to mentors, as well as exposure to leaders from academia, industry, government and other sectors
- Visibility via Mawazo digital platforms and events
Applications will be considered complete when the following are provided:
• A completed online application form available for submission here
• A current 2-page CV
• A letter confirming current enrollment in an accredited PhD programme
The due date for the application is 11.59 pm EAT.
For any questions pertaining to the programme or application, please contact the programme staff on [email protected]
For More Information:
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the MLEx, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.