NFVF Call for Youth Filmmaker Project application form 2023 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) application form 2023, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) Application Instructions 2023
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Updates.
National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) Application Details 2023
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF), in partnership with the South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC), is pleased to announce the opening of submissions for the Youth Filmmaker Project. The filmmakers will be guided by the team at Sisanda Henna Leadership and Sisanda Henna Films, facilitators of the NFVF project.
The Youth Filmmaker Project targets previously disadvantaged youths to be guided in developing, writing, and/or directing their own 24-minute debut short films which will become their calling cards in the international industry. Only the best 10 scripts will be produced by the facilitating company. The program seeks aspirant, talented, and hardworking scriptwriters, scriptwriter-directors and directors to apply. This project is targeted towards aspirant young filmmakers who have the desire to break into the industry and would like to pursue a career in scriptwriting and/or directing. This program will ensure that each participant has a complete script and film that will form part of their portfolio in the future.
To seek out remarkable storytellers from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and develop regionally based film-making talent, which will bring new perspectives to our South African and ultimately the African and global audience.
To nurture, support and promote young writers/directors in South Africa through strategically developed training laboratories, workshops, and mentorship.
Scripts will be developed and workshopped over a dedicated development period, followed by practical workshopping with a director and key technical crews, with the aim of the first ten films being completed in 2023/24.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Between the ages of 18-35.
- Must be a South African/ permanent resident.
- Have a strong written concept or directing potential
- Have not directed a professional film/ professional episode of television fiction.
- Be a historically disadvantaged Individual as defined in the constitution of South Africa.
- Be able to set aside the requisite time over a period of 12 months to complete the programme.
- Only fictional narratives will be accepted.
Eligible candidates for the project must:
- Demonstrate a passion for the film industry / film-making and the extent of their experience in the industry. This includes sending motivational videos.
- Have a strong written concept for a 24-minute stand-alone film with a clearly thought-out premise or controlling idea that would allow it to be packaged with other projects under the theme of “Little Africa” – if applying for the Scriptwriter or Scriptwriter-Director role
- The program allows directors only to apply without a concept. These applicants need to demonstrate knowledge and experience in the film-making process, talent, skill as well as willingness and commitment to succeed. The program will pair writer-only participants with director-only participants.
- Must understand that aspects of their original story might change for the purposes of producing the script.
- Be willing to meet the demands of the film industry and be present at every training and workshop.
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to work as a part of a team in the pursuit of the same objective.
- Understand the value of, and is able to, work under pressure and tight schedules.
NB: filmmakers will need to pitch at the production stage and the best candidates will proceed to film/direct the films.
All applications must submit the following documentation in for consideration:
- The concept for a 24-minute film including a pitch deck/ story treatment that includes character descriptions, world of the story and statement of intent, and detailed synopsis. (Scriptwriter or scriptwriter-Directors only). Do not submit full scripts. Max 5 pages excluding a visual pitch deck (if submitting one)
- Links to showreel or clips of previous work and behind-the-scenes pictures (if available)
- Cover letter and/or video containing the following:
- Who you are and why you are passionate about your story, and film-making.
- How you would benefit from the programme, your 5-7 vision
- Discuss your background, education, and experience highlighting your achievements
- Detailed CV
- Certified copy of ID document (no older than 3 months).
- Biography highlighting your achievements and pictures of yourself
- And any other documentation, video clips, or pictures motivating/ demonstrating your skills, aptitude, and work ethic, in writing and directing the film.
For More Information:
However, if you have queries regarding the National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) Application 2023, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!