Nordic Africa Institute African application form 2023/2024 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Nordic Africa Institute African application form 2023, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Nordic Africa Institute African Application Instructions 2023
The Nordic Africa Institute African application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the Nordic Africa Institute African application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Updates.
Nordic Africa Institute African Application Details 2023
An opportunity for early career researchers in Africa to pursue their own research projects in the fields of Social Sciences and Humanities. The scholarship offers access to the Institute’s library and other resources that provide for a stimulating research environment.
The purpose of the African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme is to provide opportunities for early career researchers based in Africa to work and develop their ongoing research at the Nordic Africa Institute. The scholarship offers access to the Institute’s library, hosting by the Institute’s researchers, networking opportunities and other resources that provide for a stimulating research environment. Through the programme, the Nordic Africa Institute aims to contribute to building capacity in the production of knowledge about Africa, and to promote and establish relations with and between African and Nordic research communities.
The length of the programme
The maximum duration of the stay is 90 days, minimum is 60 days. Also note that most academic institutions in the Nordic countries, including the Nordic Africa Institute, are closed or at least running at a reduced capacity during the periods 15 June–15 August and 15 December–15 January. Applicants can thus not choose these periods for their visit.
The scholarship programme is directed at early career researchers based in Africa and engaged in Africa-oriented research. The research topic should be within the disciplines of Social Sciences and Humanities, with a focus on contemporary Africa. The research should also be relevant to the core principles of the UN Agenda 2030, as indicated in the five impact areas of the InstituteOpens in new window…
The programme is open to two main categories of early career researchers:
- Staff full-time employed by an African-based university or research center who are enrolled on a doctoral programme in the African region and who do not have access to an international scholarship
- Postdoctoral researchers (within 5 years or less of PhD completion).
The Institute strives to achieve a fair distribution of scholarship positions in regards to gender and geographic focus.
- The scholarship includes a return air-fare (economy class), accommodation, a subsistence allowance of 400 SEK (approx. 40 USD) per day plus an installation grant of 2,500 SEK (approx. 250 USD) and access to a workspace, including a desk computer, in a shared office at the Institute. Please note that the subsistence allowance will be provided only for the days spent in Uppsala.
- The Institute’s library is specialized in literature on contemporary Africa and focuses on Social Sciences. Furthermore, Guest Researchers have access to the Uppsala University Library and to the Library of the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences.
- Guest Researchers have the possibility to present their research at the Nordic Africa Institute and to visit other institutions in the Nordic countries.
How to apply for Nordic Africa Institute African Guest Researchers’ scholarships 2023
Apply online and upload the following documents:
- Up-to-date CV, including list of publications (if available online, please include links)
- Outline of the research project, 5 pages:
- A well elaborate research proposal
- Workplan, 1 page:
- The plan should be specific for the time spent at the Institute, including research objectives and expected results
- Reference: A signed letter of support from the applicant’s Head of Department or another senior scholar in the same field, which confirms current workplace/affiliation and field of research
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Persons currently or previously employed by or otherwise professionally affiliated with the Nordic Africa Institute are not eligible for scholarships. Kindly also note that the application must be in English. In the extraordinary event that the Scholarship Programme for 2023 does not receive full funding, applicants will be informed immediately.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Nordic Africa Institute’s African Guest Researchers’ scholarships 2023
However, if you have queries regarding the Nordic Africa Institute African Application 2023, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!