Northern Development Local Government Internship Program application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The Northern Development Local Government Internship Program 2020 in Canada (Paid position) application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Northern Development Local Government Internship Program Application Instruction✔
- Don’t forget that Northern Development Local Government Internship Program application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Northern Development Local Government Internship Program.
Are you graduating in 2020? Looking to enter into a career in local government? Consider applying for the Northern Development Local Government Internship Program 2020! This 12-month, paid positions offers professional development, training and relationship building.
The internship program provides a high level of professional development and training to prepare recent graduates for a career in local government. The program provides grant funding for municipalities and regional districts within Northern Development’s service area to assist with the cost of hosting a local government intern for a 12-month period starting in May.
The internship program objectives are:
- Accelerate operational learning and permanent career placement in local government
- Provide results focused professional training with Northern Development Initiative Trust and host communities
- Make local government a career of choice by financially supporting internship opportunities for post-secondary graduates
- Promote career development, advancement opportunities and quality of life in Northern B.C.
- Help interns develop competencies essential to local government administration
- The intern will receive a base salary of $45,000 for the 12-month placement. In addition to base salary, the local government is required to pay statutory benefits which includes CPP, EI premiums and 4% vacation pay (or provide vacation days). The local government may choose to offer additional benefits (medical, dental, etc.) to the intern.
- There is a $5,000 training allowance, provided by Northern Development, to support registration and travel costs related to training and professional development.
- Participation in the Municipal Administrators Training Institute (MATI) Foundations course is a requirement of the internship. Northern Development will pay the MATI registration fee. The remaining balance of the training and travel allowance can be used to support further training and professional development opportunities identified by the host local government.
- Interns who are relocating to a new community may be provided a housing allowance dependent on local vacancy rates and rental costs.
- Applicants must have completed requirements to graduate, or have graduated within a 12-month period, prior to the start of the internship program from an accredited college or university with a degree, a diploma, or a post-graduate certificate which requires a previous degree or diploma. Open studies, non-credit, upgrading, or continuing education students do not qualify
- Show willingness to relocate and available to complete the 12-month term
- Have a valid B.C. driver’s licence
- Legally entitled to work in Canada. Foreign students must provide proof of a valid work permit and a passport with an expiry date beyond the internship term
- Satisfactory criminal record check (to be undertaken by local government upon selection of intern)
Applications must include:
- Cover letter
- Two references (character, education, work or volunteer related)
- Most current transcripts from post-secondary institutions attended (unofficial copies are acceptable)
Interested internship candidates should email their completed intern application package to email@example.com by January 30.
For more information, visit Northern Development Initiative.
However, if you have any feelings regarding the Northern Development Local Government Internship Program, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
?Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!??