Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship application form 2022-2023 | How to apply online.
Below, are the details of Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship 2020-2023 (Funding available)
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship
Applications are open for the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship 2022-2023. The renewed Scholarship program of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is a gateway for courageous, bold, original thinkers who are hungry to play a leadership role in their communities.
The Foundation’s three-year program aims to train Engaged Leaders, in order to build the capacity for academics to make their research accessible beyond academia, to partner and work with a diversity of actors across society, and to help address some of the most pressing domestic and global issues of direct relevance for the future of Canada.
The leadership training provided to each cohort of Scholars is based on a scientific theme, which is chosen because of the social importance of the issues it raises and its interdisciplinary dimensions. This innovative model aims to help Scholars to look beyond their areas of expertise and develop a desire to engage with people, issues and ideas typically outside their academic training.
The scientific theme for the 2022-2023 leadership program cycle will be Technology & Ethics. In particular, leadership training will be offered through the lens of ethical issues pertaining to biotech and the incorporation of artificial intelligence in the area of health care.
Building on the scientific theme of each program cycle, the leadership training features the following activities.
- Year 1: Institutes of Engaged Leadership: During the first year of their term, Scholars must attend the Institutes of Engaged Leadership in locations across Canada and the world. One part of each Institute is led by the Foundation’s Fellows, leaders in research and teaching. The other part is led by the Foundation’s Mentors, leaders and innovators from across the public, private, and non-profit sectors. Through the Institutes, Scholars are exposed to ideas and experiences that they are less likely to encounter in a university context, and are empowered to develop new social, emotional and behavioural competencies.
- Year two: Impact Conference: Building on the experience and leadership training received in year one, Scholars collectively organize a public conference during their second year, to share knowledge with the general public and foster community dialogue. They receive guidance and support from Fellows and Mentors. The organization of this conference provides an opportunity for Scholars to enhance their leadership abilities through collaboration with others.
- Year three: Creative Project: In the third and final year of the program, Scholars develop together a creative project that can take many forms, from the publication of a book to a theatre production or a fundraising gala. The objectives are to collectively showcase the knowledge acquired through their Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation experience and to stimulate public reflection and dialogue on key societal issues. In doing so, Scholars experiment with unconventional practices of knowledge dissemination and public engagement.
- Languages learning: The Foundation recognizes that an openness to and understanding of multiple languages is a hallmark of leading academics, public intellectuals, and innovative educators. Possessing an understanding of Canada’s official languages enhances Scholars’ experience within the multilingual context of the Foundation’s events, as well as offering a greater understanding of Canada. The Foundation further recognizes the significance of Indigenous languages to Canadian culture and society. Scholars will be provided with guidelines to ensure they increase their ability in the official language with which they are less familiar, as well as opportunities to learn Indigenous languages as part of their three-year Scholarship with the Foundation.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholars receive:
- Membership in a vibrant community of Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows, all of whom are leaders in their respective disciplines and sectors;
- Leadership training from our Mentors and Fellows;
- Up to $40,000 per year for three years to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses; and
- Up to $20,000 per year for three years, as a research and travel allowance
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholars will:
- Attend a community retreat in Moncton, New Brunswick, from June 17 to June 19, 2020 and two Institutes of Engaged Leadership during the first year of their term. The first Institute will take place in Montreal, Quebec, in November 2020. The second Institute will be in Helsinki (Finland) in March 2021;
- Collaboratively plan and participate in a conference event during the second year of their term;
- Work with other Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows on a creative project during the third year of their term;
- Candidates must be doctoral students already accepted into or in year one, two, or three of a full-time program in the social sciences or humanities. If you have not yet been accepted into a doctoral program in time for this year’s competition, they invite you to apply next year once you have been accepted.
- Foreign students who have been accepted or are in year one, two, or three of a full-time program in the social sciences or humanities at a Canadian university are eligible.
Click here to apply
For more information, see FAQ or visit Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Doctoral Scholarship, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.