Pilot African Postgraduate Academy (PAPA) application form 2019/2020 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Pilot African Postgraduate Academy (PAPA) application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Pilot African Postgraduate Academy (PAPA) 2019/2020 for Young African Scholars
The Pilot African Postgraduate Academy (PAPA) application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Pilot African Postgraduate Academy (PAPA) is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Pilot African Postgraduate Academy (PAPA)
Applications for the Pilot African Postgraduate Academy (PAPA) 2019/2020 are now open. The program aims at fostering among promising early career African scholars in the social sciences and humanities a commitment to the value of scholarship for its own sake, cultivating their interest in conceptual understanding and promoting an orientation towards the use of knowledge acquired in Africa to contribute to the further development of science in general.
The program is part of an ambitious project of establishing a firm scientific foundation for the pursuit and production of knowledge in Africa by Africans in dialogue with their local and international peers – a project made pressingly relevant by developments in research funding policy posing serious risks to scholarship in Africa. The programme focuses thematically on conflict, migration, youth and urbanization in Africa.
The three-year post-doctoral training program under the supervision of Mamadou Diawara (University of Frankfurt, Germany) and Elísio Macamo (University of Basel, Switzerland) is based at Point Sud in Bamako, Mali, and funded by the Gerda Henkel Foundation. 15 early career scholars based at African universities will be awarded a three-year fellowship.
- Fellows will receive a monthly grant of €300 on top of travel funds allowing them to attend the courses in Bamako. Meals and hotel expenses are covered in Bamako.
- A lump sum fund of €10,000 is foreseen to organize workshops at the home institution, invite researchers and collaboration partners, to attend conferences (in their home countries and abroad), conduct research and work on their publications.
- Open to young scholars based at African universities;
- Applicants should have finished their PhD not longer than 10 years before applying and should not be older than 50 years of age;
- Excellent French and a good command of English are basic requirements;
- They strongly encourage female researchers to apply.
Applications should be submitted to the following address: Dr. Stefan Schmid, [email protected]
For more information, visit Pilot African Postgraduate Academy.
Deadline: October 31, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Pilot African Postgraduate Academy (PAPA), Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.