Professional Fellows Program application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The Professional Fellows Program application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) 2020 for Economic Empowerment, Middle East and North Africa (Fully Funded to Washington D.C. USA)
- Don’t forget that Professional Fellows Program application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Professional Fellows Program.
Application Deadline: February 9th 2020
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for Economic Empowerment, Middle East and North Africa is a two-way exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance leadership and professional skills, and build lasting, sustainable partnerships between mid-level emerging leaders committed to strengthening their communities through social entrepreneurship and workforce development.
PFP Fellows are placed in intensive fellowships in non-profit organizations, private sector businesses, and government offices for an individually tailored professional development experience. They build a broad network with American and other program participant colleagues as they develop a deeper understanding of U.S. society, enhance their professional skills. American participants who have hosted foreign fellows travel overseas for participant-driven reciprocal programs.
Since 2010 Legacy International has hosted more than 225 Professional Fellows from the countries of Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Libya, Kuwait, Morocco, Tunisia and Oman.
- Pre and post program virtual exchange and online training activities
- 6-week US-based program including a business development and social entrepreneurship intensive with University Partner, four week Fellowship placement in businesses and/or offices in Washington, D.C. and One-week host family stay.
- US professionals to visit the Fellows they hosted in the US, learn about their countries and cultures, and support their follow-on work
- follow-on projects to be carried out by PFP Fellows after returning home, supported by mini-grants.
- Entrepreneurs and Social Innovators.
- Small & medium business Owners and Managers who are investing in innovative socially conscious products and programs.
- Individuals working in Civil Society/NGOs working on youth workforce training and development, increasing the role of marginalized populations in the economy, building financial literacy, training in technology use and IT development, and other efforts around economic empowerment.
- Individuals working in University incubators, accelerators, and job-readiness programs, and programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, sustainable tourism, or economic development.
- Individuals working in Government Agencies/Ministries, national policy offices, think-tanks, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy.
Eligible candidates must be:
- 25-38 years old at time of application.
- A current citizen and resident of: Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, or Lebanon
- Speak fluent to English (enough to work full-time in a US fellowship)
- Have at least two years‘ work experience in their field
- Currently employed
- Interest in hosting reciprocal program for Americans in your country
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills and commitment to community
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, and openness
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously traveled on a U.S. government funded program.
Fellows are selected through an open, merit-based application process.
Fellows will participate in a 6-week program, (Spring and Fall, 2020) each with:
- A one-week host family stay
- A one-week business development and social entrepreneurship intensive with University Partner
- A one-month fellowship placement in individual businesses and/or offices in Washington, D.C.
- 4- days Participation in the Professional Fellows Congress
- Design and development of a complete proposal for a follow-on projects to be carried out by PFP fellows, supported by mini-grants
For More Information:
However, if you have any feelings regarding the Professional Fellows Program, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
?Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!??