Rhodes University APS Calculator 2024/2025 Intake, APS Calculator RU 2024.
It is important every student needs to know how to calculate their admission scores, grades or points using APS calculator RU before applying to study any course/program offered in Rhodes University for the 2024 academic year.
In this post, you will get the full details about Rhodes University APS calculator 2024, how to calculate your admission scores, grades or points using RU APS calculator, what APS is, how is APS calculated at Rhodes University, what APS stands for, when you need to get your APS, how to get APS, how to calculate scores, grades or points using APS calculator and lot more.
- 1 Rhodes University APS Calculator 2024 | How to Calculate Your Admission Point Score.
- 2 What is APS Calculator?
- 3 What does APS stand for?
- 4 When do I need to get my APS?
- 5 How do I get my APS?
- 6 Rhodes University APS Calculation
- 7 Rhodes University APS for International Prospective Students
- 8 How Universities Use APS Calculator | What You Need To Know.
Rhodes University APS Calculator 2024 | How to Calculate Your Admission Point Score.
The management of the Rhodes University has released the procedures on how to calculate your admission point score using APS calculator Rhodes University.
It is vital that some South Africa university students, especially Freshers, want to study and learn more about the APS calculator and also make up the cumulative at the end of every session. Doing this will help you evaluate your academic performance from time to time.
South African Universities uses APS points as one of the requirement to determine the qualification of applicants for their respective programmes. Each University uses APS points as one of the tools to see if applicants qualify for their respective programmes. Below are the details of the APS calculator Rhodes University that applicants can use to work out their scores.
In South Africa, there are certain criteria observed before being admitted to any programme at any university. One of these is meeting the required Admission Point Score (APS) for the programme in pursuit.
What is APS Calculator?
- It is a simple and easy-to-use calculator that helps you figure out what your Admission Points Score is.
What does APS stand for?
- APS stands for Admission Point Score. In South Africa, universities use APS points as one of the tools to see if an applicant qualifies for a specific course. You can work out your APS using your final Matric results.
When do I need to get my APS?
- You need to get your APS (Admission Point Score) mark before you can apply for a course at a university.
How do I get my APS?
- First, you have to have your final Matric examination certificate.
- Your top 7 Matric subject’s marks are changed into a point system that works out your APS (see diagram 1 below).
Rhodes University APS Calculation
To calculate your APS, you will need to add your six best subject percentages. Please note that this excludes Life Orientation.
Applicants will need to meet the minimum APS in order to be considered for a specific programme. Generally, you get points for each matric subject you write an exam in. The points you get for each course will depend on the percentage you score in that particular subject.
The APS is the total points you receive from each course. Results below 40% for any subject will not be counted in the APS.
- Meeting the bare minimum requirement is not always enough to get you into your desired degree programme, so push hard to get the highest marks you possibly can.
- Don’t forget that some courses require you to submit other requirements (e.g. portfolio of work, audition or interview). It’s important for you to check with the faculty what they require from you.
Rhodes University APS for International Prospective Students
If you are an international student, you need to have 40 points and above to receive a firm offer. If you have 37 – 39 points, you will be put on hold until the end of September to be considered by the Dean if space is available. Some courses may require you to add certain subjects (please make sure that you know the requirements of the course beforehand).
How Universities Use APS Calculator | What You Need To Know.
- Universities use your total APS point to see if you qualify to study for the specific course at that you are applying.
- Take note: Each university allocates the amount of APS points needed to study a course differently. This means that a course at one university won’t need the same APS points as the same course at another university.
- It is very important that you make absolutely sure you find out what a university’s specified minimum APS points are for a specific course before you apply, as well as all the other specifications.
- For example, You want to apply for a teaching course at a university. One university might state that your minimum APS must be 30. However, another university might state that the minimum APS needed to apply for a teaching course is 20.
- Also important to remember: Make sure that you always study hard to get the highest marks/grades you are capable of getting. This is because it is not always enough to have only the bare minimum necessary to get accepted for the degree you want to study.
For more information and inquiries about the Rhodes University APS Calculator, you can contact the appropriate bodies by visiting the official website or campus.
However, if you have any Feelings regarding the Rhodes University APS Calculator 2024, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be social by sharing this post with others and don’t hesitate to like Like Us on Facebook to share, discuss and get the Rhodes University latest updates.