SACFP Postgraduate Scholarships application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Southern Africa Climate Finance Partnership application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
SACFP Postgraduate Scholarships
The Southern Africa Climate Finance Partnership (SACFP) Postgraduate Scholarships 2021 for young African Students application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Southern Africa Climate Finance Partnership application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of SACFP Postgraduate Scholarships
The Southern Africa Climate Finance Partnership (SACFP) invites postgraduates to apply for scholarships that will begin in February 2021. The call for scholarships seeks to offer 4 postgraduate students to undertake postgraduate researched-based degrees focused on climate finance.
The Southern Africa Climate Finance Partnership (SACFP) is a multi-country, knowledge- sharing and capacity enhancement platform for southern African countries seeking to access catalytic sources of international climate finance in order to mobilise investments into low-emissions, climate resilient development in the region. The SACFP began in 2016 and has steadily grown into a community of practice for climate finance practitioners seeking to drive innovation through shared learning.
The SACFP is facilitated by SouthSouthNorth (SSN), a South African based non-profit company, and the third phase of the programme (2020-2023) is funded by the International Development Research Centre (IDRC). The SACFP is offering scholarships to 4 postgraduate students to undertake postgraduate researchbased degrees focused on climate finance.
Conditions for the scholarship awards:
- Completed an Honours and/or Masters degree in related fields such as economics, natural resources
management, finance, geography, or development studies within the last 5 years.
- Must independently secure university admission prior to the scholarship being awarded.
- The MSc or PhD thesis topic must be related to climate finance and approved by the SACFP Principal
- A minimum research output of two publications from the PhD candidate, and at least 1 publication
from the Master’s candidates to be submitted to a peer-reviewed journal.
- The student will be co-supervised by the SACFP Principal Investigator, in addition to an academic
supervisor at the university.
- Preference will be given to SADC citizens and permanent residents.
- The value of the master’s scholarship award is ZAR 117 000 pp/pa. The PhD scholarship award will be calculated based on the eligible expenses of the field of study. The scholarship will run for 2 years for Masters candidates and 3 years for PhD candidates starting in February 2021.
How to apply:
To apply for the scholarships, please complete this Google Form. Only applications received via the google form will be considered. The following documents are required:
• A comprehensive CV showing previous research experience.
• A motivation letter explaining why you want to join the programme and your research interests.
• Up to two reference letters with a preference for at least one letter to be from an academic.
Closing date for applications is midnight (11:59 pm Central African Time) 30 November 2020. The projectreserves the right not to make an award(s).
For More Information:
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Southern Africa Climate Finance Partnership, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.