Safaricom Program application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Safaricom STEM Internship Program 2021 application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
The Safaricom PLC application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Safaricom PLC application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Safaricom Program
At Safaricom PLC, we take pride in continually investing in talent to ensure that we have the best pool of resources in the market and that our interns are equipped with key learning opportunities to expose and develop their skills for the future.
We are pleased to announce internship opportunities for the year 2021 within the STEM disciplines.
Our Internship program runs quarterly i.e. From February to April, May to July, August to October and November to February. Call for applications will only happen once in the year allowing you to indicate which quarter of the year you are available for. This internship will seek to expose you to the various teams within your assigned projects.
As an intern,
- You will be exposed to ‘on job training’ and exposure to our experienced leaders throughout the program.
- Work closely with different departments across organization
- You’ll tackle business challenges that make a real impact. Understand the different problems and solve them through data analytics
- You’ll work alongside teams performing real tasks and you’ll develop your skills and build your network in a dynamic environment designed to support your long-term career objectives.
- Understand the different problems and solve them through data analytics
- Access complex data sets and work with advanced analytical tools
- Gain industry experience by working with domain and technology experts
- Get knowledge in different Safaricom products and services
- Participate in ideation, brainstorming on solving data science problems
- Improve your knowledge in Software Engineering, Big Data Engineering and Data Science
- Gain understanding of Agile practices and methodologies
In keeping with our current learning needs, we are looking for candidates who meet the criteria indicated below:
- You must be either in: Your final year of a Undergraduate Degree in Applied Statistics, Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or closely related studies OR Have completed your Undergraduate studies in the last 12 months OR currently Ongoing Masters/Post graduate studies in an accredited institution of higher learning;
- You must be on break from school during the internship period for any of the quarters selected within the year to allow you to fully focus on the internship program (Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm);
- Knowledge in any digital vertical within commercial e.g. digital marketing, digital sales, data science will be an added advantage;
- Dean’s academic commendation is an added advantage;
- You can only select 1 quarter in the year for which you will be available for the internship
Ideal candidate’s requirements:
- Desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn and explore the corporate environment
- Oral and written communication skills, the ability to follow instructions, as well as the ability to challenge the status quo will enhance a successful internship.
- As part of the recruitment and on-boarding process the below documents will be required at a later stage.
- Letter from your college indicating you are a student there and/or require internship as part of requirement for course completion.
- NSSF, NHIF, KRA PIN & Bank account details
- Copy of National Identity Card.
- Good conduct & CRB certificate (not older than 12 months)
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Safaricom PLC, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.