Schlumberger Foundation Faculty application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on Schlumberger Foundation Faculty application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships
The Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships 2022/2023 (Funding available) application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Schlumberger Foundation Faculty application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Schlumberger Foundation Faculty
Applications are open for the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships 2022/2023. The Faculty for the Future program, launched in 2004, awards fellowships to women from developing and emerging economies to pursue PhD or Post-doctoral research in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields at leading universities worldwide.
The Schlumberger Foundation is committed to gender parity in science and recognizes that full access to and participation in a STEM curriculum is essential for the empowerment of women and girls. By facilitating STEM research for women scientists in emerging economies, scientific and technological advances will be enhanced in the local communities and regions from where selected candidates are awarded for this program.
- Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of $50,000 USD per year for a PhD and maximum of $40,000 USD per year for a Post-doc and may be renewed through to completion of studies. Renewal grants are subject to performance, recommendations from supervisors and strong evidence of re-integration plans in the home country.
You are eligible if:
- You are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy where women are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. You are not eligible to apply if you hold secondary citizenship from a developed country. (N.B. If you have been awarded a Faculty for the Future grant and after the award you obtain citizenship of a developed country, the grant will be discontinued as of the date of such additional citizenship);
- You are preparing for PhD or postdoctoral studies in STEM. The Faculty for the Future program does not fund Master level studies;
- You are currently enrolled, have been admitted to or have applied to a host university/research institute abroad (applications are no longer accepted where a candidate has not yet applied to a university). If you are applying for a sandwich PhD the final degree must be awarded by the Host University abroad (i.e., but not solely from the home country university);
- Hold an excellent academic record;
- Are willing to go back to your home country or region upon completion of your studies to contribute to its socio-economic development;
- Have a proven record of teaching experience in your home country and can demonstrate your commitment to going back home to:
- an academic or research position in a STEM faculty;
- and/or to use your knowledge to become a STEM entrepreneur to help resolve regional challenges in your local community/region;
- and/or to demonstrating leadership by contributing to the public sector using your scientific skills to help provide evidence-based support for STEM policymaking, including topics of gender representation;
- Can demonstrate leadership skills, active community outreach and have a track record in encouraging girls and women into STEM.
If you do not meet the above criteria, do not apply for a grant, as your application will not be retained in the selection process. The deadline for applications is November 5, 2021.
For more information, visit Schlumberger Foundation.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.