Shoprite Bursary 2021 | How to apply for Shoprite bursary program 2021-2022, application forms, basic requirements, and application closing date 2021.
Are you an Accounting student looking for Accounting Bursaries in South Africa 2021? Shoprite invites an application from suitably and qualifies students for their bursary program 2021.
Accountancy means money. No company can thrive without good accountants. Becoming an accountant means studying hard and making ling days. It is not the easiest degree to get a hold on.
If you are successfully enrolled with a University you can apply for an accounting bursary.
Every day, Accounting Students are pondering the net about:
- How to Apply for Accounting Bursary?
- Companies offering Bursaries in South Africa for Accounting Students?
- Who Qualifies for a Bursary in South Africa?
- How Do You Get Accounting Bursary?
- How Does Accounting Bursary Work?
Let’s dive into the full information about Shoprite bursaries and application details in 2021.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university, or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into the study.
- 1 Shoprite Bursary Progam 2021-2022 – Application Details
- 2 What Shoprite Bursaries are Available?
- 3 What Does The Bursary Cover?
- 4 What Are the Requirements?
- 5 Accounting CA Bursaries
- 6 Data Science Bursaries
- 7 Information Technology Bursary
- 8 Bcom Logistics Bursaries
- 9 BPharm Pharmacy Bursaries
- 10 Retail and Business Management Bursaries
- 11 How Do You Apply For The Shoprite Bursaries?
- 12 Shoprite Bursaries Closing Date
- 13 Shoprite Bursary Contact Details
- 14 Basic Requirements for Accounting Bursaries
- 15 Where Can You Study Accounting in South Africa?
Shoprite Bursary Progam 2021-2022 – Application Details
Shoprite is the biggest retailer in South Africa and last year they supported 287 students in that year alone. The Shoprite bursary gives many South Africans the opportunity to pay for their study and receive the necessary job experience to get started in the job market. Don’t assume they have no bursaries left, always check if you can still apply,
What Shoprite Bursaries are Available?
The number of bursaries Shoprite has available may defer every year. This year they will be rewarding the following bursaries.
- Accounting Bursaries (CA): they have 10 bursaries available for 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year students through South Africa.
- Data Science Bursaries: They have 40 bursaries available for 2nd-year students and up. The location is Brackenfell, Western Cape.
- Information Technology Bursaries: They have 24 bursaries available for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honours students. Location is Brackenfell, Western Cape.
- Bcom logistics: They have 24 bursaries available for 1-3rd years and Honours students through South Africa.
- BPharm Pharmacy bursaries: They have 5 bursaries available for talented first-year students through South Africa
- Retail and Business Management Bursaries: They have 60 bursaries available for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd years, students, Nationwide.
What Does The Bursary Cover?
The Shoprite bursary covers most basic expences. They cover the following:
- Course Books
- Accommodation and Meals
- Tuition and registration fees
The total value of the bursary is between R30 000 and R60 000 depending of the study field and University.
Like most bursaries, when you completed your study, you will pay your bursary back in the form of work. You will work at Shoprite for the number of years you received the bursary.
What Are the Requirements?
Accounting CA Bursaries
Shoprite is looking for talented candidates who will join their finance team when they completed their study. In order to apply for this bursary you will need:
- Completed your first semester with success for your Bachelor of Accounting or Bcompt leading to a CTA with an average of 65%
- South African Citizen with a Valid ID
Data Science Bursaries
Shoprite has its very own Data Science Academy and it is looking for talented candidates. if you want to apply you will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Completed at least your first year in: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Maths with an average of at least 60%.
- SA Citizen with a valid ID
Information Technology Bursary
If you have a vision for Dynamic Outputs in an environment that always changes, Shoprite might be looking for you. If you want to apply:
- You will need to have completed your first semester of a relevant 3 year IT qualification with an average of at least 60%
- SA Citizen with Valid ID
Bcom Logistics Bursaries
Shoprite is looking for candidates who want to be part of a unique company with a large and diverse range of brands. If you want to apply for this bursary:
- You will need to have completed your first semester of a Bachelors of Commerce, Bachelor of Science, or a relate qualification with at least an average of 60%
- Or, completed your first semester Grade 12 with an average of 70%
- SA Citizen with Valid ID
BPharm Pharmacy Bursaries
This bursary is only available to first-year students. Shoprite Medirite wants to attract talented Pharmacy students who have a passion to work in the farmaceutical industry. In order to apply:
- You will need to have completed your first semester Grade 12 with a minimum average of 70%
- SA Citizen Valid ID
Retail and Business Management Bursaries
This bursary aims at attracting future trainees for their retail managers program. They require you to:
- Completed your first semester with success
- Grade 12 with at least an average of 60% or,
- National Diploma in Retail Business or an equivalent qualification with at least an average of 60%.
- South African Citizen with a Valid ID
How Do You Apply For The Shoprite Bursaries?
If you like what you have read so far and wish to apply for a Shoprite bursary this is what you should do.
- Go to the Shoprite bursary portal and select the bursary you want to apply for
- Read carefully to see if you are eligible to apply.
- Register an account and login to complete the registration.
Include the following documents with your application:
- Certified copy of your SA ID
- Your Latest Matric results if you are completing your Matric
- Certified Matric certificate if you completed your Matric
- Certified copy of your Tertiary study results
Shoprite Bursaries Closing Date
30 June 2020
Late applications will not be accepted.
Shoprite Bursary Contact Details
If you have any questions left before your want to apply you may contact them here:
Tel: 021 980 4000
Make sure to read there website dedicated to their bursary program with hints, tips, and success stories.
Basic Requirements for Accounting Bursaries
Students who want to apply for an Accountancy Bursary are required to have the following to qualify for a bursary.
- You have to be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book / ID Card.
- Provide proof you will need financial assistance.
- Willingness to learn and a passion for accounting. Followed by outstanding academic records with a high grade in math
Make sure to read every detail of your Bursary contract. Not every company offers the same rewards and some companies will ask you to work for them as long as you have held the bursary.
Where Can You Study Accounting in South Africa?
Luckily you can study accounting at most Universities in the country.
However, if you have queries regarding the Shoprite bursary application 2021, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!