Sol Plaatje University Financial Aid > It’s All About The Student.
- 1 Assistance Guidance Support Help
- 2 Students apply directly to funders
- 3 Explanation of funding terminology
- 4 VALUABLE BURSARY INFORMATION
- 5 FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY
- 6 SERVICES SETA
- 7 W&R SETA
- 8 ETDPSETA
- 9 FUNDI – LOANS AND SERVICES OFFERING
- 10 GENERAL BURSARY WEBSITE
- 11 Bursaries Crowdsourcing
- 12 WHERE TO FIND US
Assistance Guidance Support Help
Our role is to assist our students with the coordination of funding, between the University and the Funders. SPU does not offer institutional bursaries or loans. Our students are encouraged to apply for various funding opportunities.
Students apply directly to funders
Application submissions are assessed and evaluated by funders based on their own criteria and the information provided by the student.
Application for funding does not guarantee any funding to students. Funders will communicate with successful recipients.
Explanation of funding terminology
- Bursaries are the awarding of funding to academically and financially deserving students.
- Loans are money borrowed to cover educational fees.
- Scholarships are usually offered to students who excel academically in their studies.
- Sponsorship is a recipient of financial support.
Below is a checklist with standard documents which are usually required for any funding opportunity:
- Identity document
- Matric certificate
- Latest academic transcript
- Household income of both parents/legal guardian e.g. payslips; affidavits; confirmation letter from SASSA; court order as supporting document of legal guardianship.
- Identity documents of parents/guardian
- Death certificate of parents
- Proof of all household members (ID documents, birth certificates)
- Testimonial or motivational letter
VALUABLE BURSARY INFORMATION
NSFAS (National Student Financial Aid Scheme)
Available for financially and academically deserving students in most areas of study.
General Enquiries: +27 (0) 860 067 327
Apply online at: http://www.nsfas.org.za
FUNZA LUSHAKA BURSARY
Only applicable to BEd programmes.
For a full description of the Funza Lushaka Priorities offered by DBE, please visit the website: www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za
Applications for the Funza Lushaka bursary for 2019 open on 1 October 2018 and close on 11 January 2019 for new applications. Only online applications are considered at www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za
General Enquiries: telephone +27 (0) 11 276 9600
General Enquiries: telephone +27 (0) 53 831 4117
General Enquiries: telephone +27 (0) 53 832 0051
NYDA (National Youth Development Agency)
General Enquiries: telephone +27 (0) 53 807 1022
NCPETF (Northern Cape Provincial Education Trust Fund)
General Enquiries: telephone +27 (0) 53 831 3550
FUNDI – LOANS AND SERVICES OFFERING
General Enquiries: telephone +27 (0) 860 55 55 44
GENERAL BURSARY WEBSITE
WHERE TO FIND US
The University Registrar
Private Bag X5008
The University Registrar
Sol Plaatje University (North Campus)