Southern Cape Karoo Campus Prospectus 2024 PDF Download.
The official Southern Cape Karoo Campus Prospectus has been released online for bachelor’s degree, diploma, higher certificate, postgraduate advanced diploma in nursing, and midwifery programs students for the 2024 academic year.
- 1 Southern Cape Karoo Campus Prospectus 2024
- 2 Southern Cape Karoo Campus Entry Requirements.
- 3 Bachelor Degree in Nursing Sciences (BCur)
- 4 Entry Requirements:
- 5 What does the course look like?
- 6 Diploma in Nursing
- 7 Entry Requirements
- 8 What does the course look like?
- 9 Higher Certificate in Auxillary Nursing
- 10 Entry Requirements:
- 11 What does the course look like?
- 12 Postgraduate Advanced Diploma in Nursing
- 13 Entry Requirements
- 14 What does the course look like?
- 15 After your Qualification
- 16 How to use the Reference Deposit Account to pay Fees or Fines owed to the South African Nursing Council
- 17 South African Nursing Council (SANC)
Southern Cape Karoo Campus Prospectus 2024
The Southern Cape Karoo Campus Prospectus 2024 is what you need to ascertain any admission or application information of the school.
The Prospectus contains all the information a prospective student needs to become a fully admitted student of the Southern Cape Karoo Campus.
The Southern Cape Karoo Campus Prospectus also contains the list of bachelor’s degrees, diplomas, higher certificates, postgraduate advanced diplomas in nursing and midwifery programs, admission requirements, and all admission application information to guide you through the Southern Cape Karoo Campus admission process.
The Southern Cape Karoo Campus Prospectus can be access, download, and print online in PDF format via the official Southern Cape Karoo Campus website or admission office.
Southern Cape Karoo Campus Entry Requirements.
It is recommended that Mathematics, Physical Sciences, and Biology be taken as Matriculation subjects. Candidates shall be admitted to the program if they have the following: Mathematics level 4 or Mathematics literacy level 5, Physical Science level 4 and Life Science level 4.
Clinical training shall be done in general and midwifery hospitals, psychiatric hospitals, the community and community health service facilities in the respective Province.
After your Qualification
After you qualify and register with the SANC, you can choose to work in any number of places, but if you want to study further, you can study a master’s degree or advanced diploma in nursing and you can register as an advanced practice nurse. There are two main categories of advanced practice nurses:
- Clinical nurse specialists: People who have in-depth and specialized qualifications who work closely and collaboratively with other medical practitioners.
- Advanced nurse practitioner: A person who works in primary care — health assessment and the diagnosis and treatment of ailments. In South Africa, advanced nurse practitioners are often referred to as primary health care nurses and they can work as midwives, psychiatric and pediatric nurses outside of the hospital environment.
How to use the Reference Deposit Account to pay Fees or Fines owed to the South African Nursing Council
No matter what method of payment you choose, albeit at an FNB branch or some form of electronic banking, you must please ensure that the deposit reference is correctly filled in. The reference consists of two parts:
- Your SANC account number (8 digits); and
- A payment type code (7 CAPITAL LETTERS) – written immediately after the account number.
The following line is an example of what a correct reference will look like:
In this example, ‘12345678‘ is the account number and ‘ANLFEES‘ is the payment type code. You will notice that the reference is always 15 characters long.
PLEASE NOTE that the above reference is only an example and you should not use the above details for making any payment (it will be rejected by the bank). You must use your own reference number as the account number and choose the appropriate payment type code from the list given below.
STEP 1: Check and write down your SANC account number. This is the same as your SANC reference number which is always 8 digits long and starts with a ‘1’.
STEP 2: Determine the appropriate payment type code from the list below and write it immediately after your SANC account number. Do NOT leave a space between your account number and the payment type code
This is your correct reference to be used for this payment. (Any future payments will use the same account number but the payment type code may change according to the purpose for which payment is being made.)
South African Nursing Council (SANC)
The South African Nursing Council (SANC) is the body entrusted to set and maintain standards of nursing education and practice in the Republic of South Africa. It is an autonomous, financially independent, statutory body, initially established by the Nursing Act, 1944 (Act No. 45 of 1944), and currently operating under the Nursing Act, 2005 (Act No. 33 of 2005).
For more information and inquiries, you can contact the South African Nursing Council (SANC) by visiting the official website or campus. https://www.sanc.co.za/
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!!