Standard Bank Bursary 2021 | How to apply for Standard Bank bursary program 2021-2022, application forms, basic requirements, and application closing date 2021.
Are you an Accounting student looking for Accounting Bursaries in South Africa 2021? Standard Bank invites an application from suitably and qualifies students for their bursary program 2021.
Accountancy means money. No company can thrive without good accountants. Becoming an accountant means studying hard and making ling days. It is not the easiest degree to get a hold on.
If you are successfully enrolled with a University you can apply for an accounting bursary.
Every day, Accounting Students are pondering the net about:
- How to Apply for Accounting Bursary?
- Companies offering Bursaries in South Africa for Accounting Students?
- Who Qualifies for a Bursary in South Africa?
- How Do You Get Accounting Bursary?
- How Does Accounting Bursary Work?
Let’s dive into the full information about Standard Bank bursaries and application details in 2021.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university, or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into the study.
- 1 Standard Bank Bursary Progam 2021-2022 – Application Details
- 2 Closing Date
- 3 The Standard Bank Undergraduate Bursary
- 4 Requirements for the undergraduate Bursary
- 5 Standard Bank Postgraduate Bursary
- 6 Requirements for the Postgraduate bursary
- 7 What Do These Bursaries Offer?
- 8 How to Apply For the Standard Bank 150 Bursaries?
- 9 Basic Requirements for Accounting Bursaries
- 10 Where Can You Study Accounting in South Africa?
Standard Bank Bursary Progam 2021-2022 – Application Details
Do you have the talent and the ambition to shape Africa’s future? The Standard bank Bursary is intended for very talented young professionals who show excellent academic skills. For this bursary, the Standard Bank group considers both postgraduate AND undergraduate students.
Standard Bank is one of the biggest banks on the continent of Africa. They are present in 20 African countries and they have over 50 000 staff members. They provide 150 bursaries to promote the skills development in South Africa. in 2012 they celebrated their 150th anniversary and that is why they are offering 150 bursaries each year.
Every year this bursary opens for applications in April. The closing date is 30 September 2020
The Standard Bank Undergraduate Bursary
If you are in the undertaking of completing your first year successfully, you are eligible to apply for this bursary. In order to be taken into account, you need to show excellent academic results to start with.
They support the following study fields:
Requirements for the undergraduate Bursary
- You have an average of at least 65% in your latest examinations
- You are currently undertaking a full time undergraduate study
- You must meet the entry requirements at a registered public University for the aforementioned study fields.
- If they invite you for the application process you will need to participate in a formal assessment process. This process also includes a psychometric evaluation.
Standard Bank Postgraduate Bursary
This bursary is for students who have shown great academic skills in their undergraduate studies and are seeking funding for their postgraduate study. You will need to do a postgraduate study in the following fields:
Requirements for the Postgraduate bursary
- Your average for the latest examinations was above 65%
- You are registered for a full time Postgraduate study
- You fulfil the entry requirements of the Public Universities for the mentioned study fields above.
- Part of the application process is an assessment which includes a psychometric interview and evaluation.
- An important requirement is that you should be in financial need
What Do These Bursaries Offer?
The Standard Bank Bursary is a bursary that covers full costs. It will cover most costs of your study and related expenses.
They cover the following:
- University fees
- Meals (Self catering / University meals)
- Prescribed books and other materials needed for study
- a Laptop Computer
- a monthly allowance to cover some of the living costs.
- Transport (4 times a year)
How to Apply For the Standard Bank 150 Bursaries?
This Bursary is offered in collaboration with Studytrust. All applications (both undergraduate and postgraduate) go through the online application system Studytrust is using.
In order to apply you will need to register for an account with Leap.ly. After registration you are allowed to login and apply. Make sure to read all the big and small letters to see what important documents you need to include for the registration process.
Read more about this Bursary at Studytrust
Or, register an account directly at leap.ly and apply for this Bursary.
There is also a possibility to apply using the standard bank bursaries application form. This form can only be used if you don’t have access to Internet. It is strongly advised to apply online.
If you have not heard back before 15 January 2021, it is best to contact Studytrust. However, you should normally hear before 21 December 2020 if you are selected for this Bursary
Basic Requirements for Accounting Bursaries
Students who want to apply for an Accountancy Bursary are required to have the following to qualify for a bursary.
- You have to be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book / ID Card.
- Provide proof you will need financial assistance.
- Willingness to learn and a passion for accounting. Followed by outstanding academic records with a high grade in math
Make sure to read every detail of your Bursary contract. Not every company offers the same rewards and some companies will ask you to work for them as long as you have held the bursary.
Where Can You Study Accounting in South Africa?
Luckily you can study accounting at most Universities in the country.
However, if you have queries regarding the Standard Bank bursary application 2021, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!