STEM Matters Volunteer application form | How to apply.
Below, are the details on STEM application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
STEM Matters Volunteer
The STEM application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that STEM application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of STEM
Applications to join the Youth STEM Matters Volunteer Team are OPEN! Youth STEM Matters is run by an incredible team of young volunteers. They are currently looking for a Senior Journalist. If you care about youth having a voice in STEM, and want to make STEM accessible to young people around the world, this could be the perfect role for you!
Do you want to gain new skills, meet new people and use your free time to do something that will make the world a better place? By joining the Youth STEM Matters team, you can do just that!
They’ve got a variety of roles available (designed for 14-22 year olds) and will provide all of the training and support you need – all they ask is that you’re enthusiastic to learn and are passionate about their mission!
- Senior Journalist: The Senior Journalist works across the whole of the Youth STEM Matters team to come up with ideas for, and support team members to write, Science Communication articles which provide unique insights into STEM and global challenges. They work specifically within the Science Communication Team, and support small groups of Science Communication Editors to improve their writing.
Check out all the roles that are currently available towards the bottom of their page! If you can’t find one that matches your interests/skills, check back often, as they’ll have a range of roles becoming available.
- You’ll be given training to help you in the role, but they also do a lot of ‘learning by doing’, so if you enjoy pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and trying new things, you’ll enjoy this role.
- Open to youth 14-22 years
- They are looking for someone who has a real interest in using STEM to address global challenges, and who can take a proactive approach, motivate a team, and use their experience to help others.
- An interest in STEM and/or the SDGs (note that this does not need to be your primary interest or your field of study).
- Previous experience in communicating science to others is essential. This could include (but is not limited to): blog/magazine pieces, scientific posters, videos, podcasts and presentations. This could include experience you have gained by publishing articles in Youth STEM Matters.
- Leadership experience (in any context) is desirable.
- Genuine interest in STEM and Sustainable Development Goals based innovations/developments
- Proactive and can take initiative
- Ability to generate ideas or look at things from a different perspective
- Clear written communications
- Excellent time management
- Ability to give constructive feedback
- A positive attitude towards receiving constructive feedback
- Leadership of others
- Someone who is keen to learn and continuously improve
- Willing to develop an understanding of our audience
- Willing to keep up to date with recent developments in STEM & the SDGs
- An awareness of the importance of the accessibility of science, and how inclusive science communication can be used to achieve this
- Supportive and someone who is keen to help build a community
- Enthusiasm for helping others and motivated to build a positive team culture.
NB: You don’t need to have loads of experience in all of these – if you care about what we’re doing and are willing to learn, but only have some of these skills, we’d encourage you to apply!
In the application, you will be asked to provide some information about:
- The role you are interested in
- Your education/training
- The details of at least one person (up to 2 people) who can provide a reference.
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the STEM, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.