Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme application form 2020 | How to apply online.
Below, are the details of Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme application form, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme 2020
The Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme
Applications for the Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme 2020 are now open. They are looking for smart, ambitious graduates or early-career reporters to join their global team of 2,500 text and visuals journalists and tell the stories that matter.
The Reuters news reaches a global audience of more than 1 billion people each day. From politics and finance to sports and showbiz, they are committed to fast, accurate and independent reporting. In everything they do, they strive for insight and impact.
The Scheme lasts 9 months, starting September 2020. Participants will undergo intensive month of training in London, then 8 months in a Reuters newsroom in one of the following countries: China, Singapore, UK, Mexico, South Africa, Egypt, Lebanon or United Arab Emirates. They also have the opportunity to become a staff correspondent or video journalist if they perform strongly.
- Successful candidates will be remunerated in the currency of the bureau in which they are placed, in line with global Thomson Reuters policies
Applicants should have
- Clear commitment to a career in journalism
- Proven ability to tell rich stories in words, video or both
- Drive to build sources and break news
- Ability to generate original, relevant story ideas
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Fluency in relevant languages, e.g. Mandarin, Cantonese, Arabic, Farsi, Spanish
Other useful skills (Not prerequisites)
- Up to 3 years of professional journalism experience
- Proven ability to generate exclusive, agenda-setting stories
- Experience of shooting or editing video
- Knowledge of finance and economics
- Experience in data journalism or investigative reporting
- Photography skills
- Additional languages (e.g. Portuguese for southern Africa)
- You should apply directly via the careers site
- Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
- All applications must be supported by a Cover Letter
For more information, visit Reuters Journalism Training.
Deadline: December 15, 2019
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Thomson Reuters Journalism Training Programme, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
- Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.