TMU Postdoctoral application form 2023 | How to apply.
Below, are the details on TMU Postdoctoral application form 2023, requirements, eligibility, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
TMU Postdoctoral Application Instructions 2023
The TMU Postdoctoral application details have been published here. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
- Don’t forget that the TMU Postdoctoral application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
TMU Postdoctoral Application Details 2023
Applications are open for the TMU Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 for Black Scholars. Black scholars are among the most underrepresented in postdoctoral positions, tenured faculty positions, and in University leadership.
Building on the recommendations of the Anti-Black Racism Campus Climate Review and reinforced by the Standing Strong committee recommendations, and as part of a wider commitment to equity, in recognition of the barriers to equal opportunities for education and employment, Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) is implementing this programme with the goals of building a more diverse and inclusive academe and supporting the flourishing of Black scholarship. In particular, this programme seeks to expand and advance Black scholarship and intellectual traditions and support the academic endeavours of the Black community.
- Funding will be available to provide $70,000 per year to support up to two years of postdoctoral salary for four (4) Black scholars.
- Scholars who self-identify as Black (of African descent; for example, Africans and African heritage people from the Caribbean, Americas, Europe).
- Completion of a PhD or PhD-equivalent within the last three years prior to the application deadline, or PhD expected by the planned start date of the fellowship.
- Can hold the fellowship by September 5, 2023 for two years.
- Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Canada by the start of the Postdoctoral position. International applicants may apply; however, successful international applicants will require a work permit and Canadian Social Insurance Number in order to take up the postdoctoral position. Exceptional start dates may be negotiated in relation to the permit and visa process timelines.
- Be associated with a current or proposed supervisor who holds a tenured or tenure-track faculty position at TMU and includes a letter of support from the proposed supervisor.
- This funding cannot be held concurrently with another major fellowship.
- Applicants cannot hold a faculty position or be on leave from such a position.
- Applicants must submit proof of completion of the degree before the fellowship commences.
Before submitting your application, carefully review the Application Instructions.
Interested applicants must secure an agreement to supervise from a professor at Toronto Metropolitan University. Only full-time tenured or tenure track faculty members are eligible to be supervisors. YSGS can assist prospective applicants in connecting them with potential supervisors.
Applicants must submit, through the YSGS Scholarship and Fellowship Application Portal the following materials:
- A cover letter
- A CV
- A scholarly, research and creative (SRC) activity proposal
- A letter of support from the proposed supervisor
For more information, visit TMU Postdoctoral Fellowships.
However, if you have queries regarding the TMU Postdoctoral Application 2023, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!