Transnet Bursary 2021 | How to apply for Transnet bursary program 2021-2022, application forms, basic requirements, and application closing date 2021.
Are you an Accounting student looking for Accounting Bursaries in South Africa 2021? Transnet invites an application from suitably and qualifies students for their bursary program 2021.
Accountancy means money. No company can thrive without good accountants. Becoming an accountant means studying hard and making ling days. It is not the easiest degree to get a hold on.
If you are successfully enrolled with a University you can apply for an accounting bursary.
Every day, Accounting Students are pondering the net about:
- How to Apply for Accounting Bursary?
- Companies offering Bursaries in South Africa for Accounting Students?
- Who Qualifies for a Bursary in South Africa?
- How Do You Get Accounting Bursary?
- How Does Accounting Bursary Work?
Let’s dive into the full information about Transnet bursaries and application details in 2021.
A bursary is a monetary award made by any educational institution or funding authority to individuals or groups. It is usually awarded to enable a student to attend school, university, or college when they might not be able to, otherwise. Some awards are aimed at encouraging specific groups or individuals into the study.
- 1 Transnet Bursary Progam 2021-2022 – Application Details
- 2 What Does The Transnet Bursary Include?
- 3 Service Contract
- 4 Who Can Apply For The Transnet Bursary Program?
- 5 B.Sc. Engineering in the following subjects:
- 6 What Are The Requirements For the Transnet Bursary?
- 7 How To Apply For The Transnet Bursary?
- 8 Online Application
- 9 Transnet Contact information
- 10 Bursary Closing Date
- 11 How Will I get Notified?
- 12 Basic Requirements for Accounting Bursaries
- 13 Where Can You Study Accounting in South Africa?
Transnet Bursary Progam 2021-2022 – Application Details
The Transnet bursary is for students who want to focus on commercial, physical or technical studies. Transnet is the largest freight transport company in South Africa. They are formerly known as Spoornet. Transnet has 5 main divisions namely, Transnet Engineering, Transnet Freight Rail, Transnet Port Terminals, Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Pipelines, and Specialist Unit.
Their Philosophy is “One Company, One Vision”. They are proud that their Business Philosophy is not only applied to their business, but also to prospective candidates who apply for their Bursaries.
What Does The Transnet Bursary Include?
Transnet freight rail is proud to offer you the following with their bursary program:
- They will cover all tuition fees
- They will cover the accommodation fees
- You will receive a book allowance
- You can get a train ride home for holidays
You will be required to work one year for each year of your studies for the company. Full-time bursaries are only given once a year and in relation to the companies, employment needs. Full-time candidates will be viewed as impending employees but that might change after the bursary term has been completed depending on the need of the company by that time.
Who Can Apply For The Transnet Bursary Program?
Bursaries in the fields of Commercial Science, Physical Science, and Technical Studies will be open as the requirement in the company becomes available. The following subjects might be needed.
B.Sc. Engineering in the following subjects:
What Are The Requirements For the Transnet Bursary?
The candidate will be required to work one year for every one year of study and if they fail they must repeat it at their own cost. If the candidate fails to complete and honor the agreement the bursary will then become payable according to the terms of the agreement. If the candidate performs satisfactorily every year, the bursary will be renewed for the next year.
If you have the following then you can apply for a bursary with Spoornet:
- You must be a South African Citizen
- You must meet the standard for entry in your chosen field at the Institute
- You have already partially completed some kind of qualification and thus are higher than the normal achiever
- You must possess a valid South African ID
How To Apply For The Transnet Bursary?
- Download the form below and complete all questions.
- Don’t forget to add certified copies of your documents
- Send the forms by Mail, Fax, or postal address.
Transnet Freight Rail Application Form
Transnet Contact information
- Mail: email@example.com
- Fax: 011 774 9235
- Postal Address: Find the postal address on the form
You need to ensure that the following accompany your application:
- Grade 11 & Grade 12 results for scholars – must be the newest results
- Grade 12 & Academic results for students – must be the newest results
- University & Technology candidates need to provide a record partial/experimental training received
- Certified copy of your ID
Bursary Closing Date
Their applications open 1st May and close 31 of July yearly.
Bursary is currently on hold because of Corona.
You will have to apply before July of the current year to be considered for the next year’s bursary program.
How Will I get Notified?
Once the selection process is completed The Bursary department will notify the candidates that have been selected for a secondary or tertiary level. These candidates will be invited to do an interview with the company. Separate interviews will take place depending on where you are situated and where the opening in the company exists, they are as follow:
- Cape Town
Final award of bursary and selecting the ideal candidate will depend on the following:
- The interview
- The candidate’s academic results – must be satisfactory
- Is the candidate medically fit
Basic Requirements for Accounting Bursaries
Students who want to apply for an Accountancy Bursary are required to have the following to qualify for a bursary.
- You have to be a South African citizen with a valid ID Book / ID Card.
- Provide proof you will need financial assistance.
- Willingness to learn and a passion for accounting. Followed by outstanding academic records with a high grade in math
Make sure to read every detail of your Bursary contract. Not every company offers the same rewards and some companies will ask you to work for them as long as you have held the bursary.
Where Can You Study Accounting in South Africa?
Luckily you can study accounting at most Universities in the country.
However, if you have queries regarding the Transnet bursary application 2021, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
BE SOCIAL BY SHARING THIS POST WITH OTHERS!