U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia Ambassador’s application form | All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply online for this opportunity before the application deadline-closing date.
The U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia Ambassador’s Distinguished Scholars Program 2020 for Ethiopian Academics (Fully Funded) application form, requirements, eligibility, application guidelines, application deadline, how to apply, closing date, and other opportunities links for South Africans is published here on Southafricaportal.com as well as on the official website/application portal.
U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia Ambassador’s Distinguished Scholars Program 2020 for Ethiopian Academics (Fully Funded) Application Instruction
- Don’t forget that the U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia Ambassador’s application is totally free of charge.
- Don’t send anyone money for this opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Opportunities Update.
Details of U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia Ambassador’s.
This program is supported by the U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia, Bahir Dar University, Dilla University, Aksum University, Hawassa University, Mekelle University and the Institute of International Education (IIE). The next cohort of Ambassador’s Distinguished Scholars will teach in Ethiopia in the academic year 2020-21.
Ambassador’s Distinguished Scholars will have the opportunity to engage in primary research with doctoral students, work to publish results, teach, design curriculum, mentor students, and collaborate with faculty at their host institution. The program length will be from October 2020 until July 2021.
IIE seek applications from a diverse range of qualified academics.
IIE welcome applications from scholars with a range of experience, including recent doctoral graduates and professors emeriti. Faculty positions are available in over 60 disciplines. Preferred fields of study include STEM fields, Social Sciences, and Humanities.
There is a preference for candidates with academic expertise that matches the areas of specialization desired by the host institutions.
The Ambassador’s Distinguished Scholars will receive the following incentives:
- Position as full-time teaching faculty at Aksum University, Bahir Dar University, Dilla University, Hawassa University or Mekelle University
- Living stipend ranging from $1,775 to $3,775 monthly, depending on candidate qualifications (paid in the local currency, Ethiopian Birr)
- Round-trip airfare (including airfare for one accompanying dependent)
- 20 days of sick leave per year
- Medical insurance
- Visa and vaccination coverage
- In-country advising and support from IIE Ethiopia office, to include periodic check-ins
- Pre-departure Orientation conducted by IIE
- In-country Orientation Workshop conducted by IIE and held either at IIE Ethiopia or U.S. Embassy
- Assistance with identifying housing (provided by partner university)
- Assistance with local banking (provided by partner university)
- Assistance with a work permit (provided by partner university)
- If scholars bring a minor as their one allowed accompanying dependent, the program can provide a letter of support for admission to local schools. Note that local schooling options are very limited in all five participating locations.
For More Information:
Application Deadline:April 10, 2020 at 11:59pm PDT:
However, if you have any feelings regarding the U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia Ambassador’s, Please kindly drop A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
?Be Social ❤ By Sharing this post with others!!??